OpenMarine
problems with O-Chart Plugin - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How do I...? (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: problems with O-Chart Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=4671)

Pages: 1 2

problems with O-Chart Plugin - Alois100 - 2023-05-30

Hello, I am using openplotter 2.0 on a raspberry pi 3b+. I had to completely reinstall the system due to a defect and now have opencpn 5.8.2 as the current version. I cannot install the O-Chart plugin via the master catalogue. only the 4 default plugins are displayed. what can I do. I'm currently traveling in Denmark and don't have any nautical charts.
greetings Uwe

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Sailoog - 2023-05-30

I have just reported this issue to opencpn devs. Plugins for opencpn 5.8.2 in Debian arm 32bit are there but we do not know why the list is not updated.

Try adding the line CatalogExpert=1 in the [plugins] section in the file /home/pi/opencpn/opencpn.conf. Then open opencpn and go to options-plugins-settings and force the system to "ubuntu-armhf:18.04". Refresh the catalog and find the o-charts plugin in the list.

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Alois100 - 2023-05-30

Hello, thanks for the information. I had already changed the file.

I am a Beginner. what do you mean by the statement "then open opencpn go to options-plugins-settings and force the system to be 'ubuntu-armhf:18.04'"

greetings Uwe

Try adding the line CatalogExpert=1 in the [plugins] section in the file /home/pi/opencpn/opencpn.conf. Then open opencpn and go to options-plugins-settings and force the system to "ubuntu-armhf:18.04". Refresh the catalog and find the o-charts plugin in the list.

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Sailoog - 2023-05-30

Go to options-plugins, click settings button and select "ubuntu-armhf:18.04" in "compatibility"

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Alois100 - 2023-05-30

Sorry, this Option ist in my opencpn 5.8.2 Not available.

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Sailoog - 2023-05-31

sorry I do not understand, what option is not available? ubuntu-armhf:18.04?

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Alois100 - 2023-05-31

When I open the Settings menu in the Plugins menu, a window appears with no further setting options.

that is the window where you get the instructions to enable the expert mode editing the opencpn.conf file. Please check again if you did it correctly.

Look for the [PlugIns] label and add the new line after:

[PlugIns]
CatalogExpert=1

RE: problems with O-Chart Plugin - Alois100 - 2023-05-31

here my changes, i open the opencpn.conf with a normal texteditor and save the changes at the end.

[PlugIns]
LatestCatalogDownloaded=master
bEnabled=0
CatalogExpert=1

the location of the file is: /home/pi/.opencpn
Then i will open Opencpn again. Nothing will be chanching.

i make same screenshots for you.

Now i see this screen.

ubuntu-armhf:18.04 is not in the list