This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems with O-Chart Plugin
Hello, I am using openplotter 2.0 on a raspberry pi 3b+. I had to completely reinstall the system due to a defect and now have opencpn 5.8.2 as the current version. I cannot install the O-Chart plugin via the master catalogue. only the 4 default plugins are displayed. what can I do. I'm currently traveling in Denmark and don't have any nautical charts.
greetings Uwe
I have just reported this issue to opencpn devs. Plugins for opencpn 5.8.2 in Debian arm 32bit are there but we do not know why the list is not updated.

Try adding the line CatalogExpert=1 in the [plugins] section in the file /home/pi/opencpn/opencpn.conf. Then open opencpn and go to options-plugins-settings and force the system to "ubuntu-armhf:18.04". Refresh the catalog and find the o-charts plugin in the list.
Hello, thanks for the information. I had already changed the file.

I am a Beginner. what do you mean by the statement "then open opencpn go to options-plugins-settings and force the system to be 'ubuntu-armhf:18.04'"

greetings Uwe

Try adding the line CatalogExpert=1 in the [plugins] section in the file /home/pi/opencpn/opencpn.conf. Then open opencpn and go to options-plugins-settings and force the system to "ubuntu-armhf:18.04". Refresh the catalog and find the o-charts plugin in the list.
Go to options-plugins, click settings button and select "ubuntu-armhf:18.04" in "compatibility"

Sorry, this Option ist in my opencpn 5.8.2 Not available.
sorry I do not understand, what option is not available? ubuntu-armhf:18.04?
When I open the Settings menu in the Plugins menu, a window appears with no further setting options.
that is the window where you get the instructions to enable the expert mode editing the opencpn.conf file. Please check again if you did it correctly.
Look for the [PlugIns] label and add the new line after:

[PlugIns]
CatalogExpert=1
here my changes, i open the opencpn.conf with a normal texteditor and save the changes at the end.

[PlugIns]
LatestCatalogDownloaded=master
bEnabled=0
CatalogExpert=1

the location of the file is: /home/pi/.opencpn
Then i will open Opencpn again. Nothing will be chanching.

i make same screenshots for you.

Now i see this screen.

ubuntu-armhf:18.04 is not in the list