OpenMarine
Notifications - Printable Version

+- OpenMarine (https://forum.openmarine.net)
+-- Forum: OpenPlotter (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: How do I...? (https://forum.openmarine.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Notifications (/showthread.php?tid=5376)

Pages: 1 2 3

Notifications - Lazzz - 2024-05-04

I'm not getting any pop-up messages for any notifications.

I have other notifications, but I am using the Bilge Alarm via the Seatalk on GPIO20, as per the Macarthur Hat doc, for easy bench testing.

I'm getting messages from the GPIO App in Data Browser & the message changes when set to high as it should but no pop up.

In the Notification App > Send Tab > hit play > Get message in Data Browser only > then back to null when hit Stop. However, nothing when I short the switch / set the GPIO pin to high.

This is with the "Play" button on

This is with the Bilge Switch ON & "Play" OFF

I can't get anything to work in the Actions tab, I've given up there, for now!!

I know I'm not doing something I should because I haven't been able to get this working on my Pi4 OP3 either, I've just been waiting for the Docs!!

I'm expecting to see a pop-up notification like I used to see in OP2.

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, Pypilot; OP4

RE: Notifications - Sailoog - 2024-05-04

There are important changes to the Signal k server regarding notification handling that we have had to adapt to in openplotter-notifications 4.1.0 and you are running 4.0.25. Please update and let us know if it works.

RE: Notifications - Sailoog - 2024-05-04

Your question made me realize that the new "nominal" state and null state are not present in openplotter-gpio digital and should be added.

RE: Notifications - Lazzz - 2024-05-05

Updated the Notifications App to 4.1.0-beta

In the GPIO > Digital App all my digital inputs are showing in th SK Data Browser & are changing status when I activate a pin (eg float switch) but I don't get any pop-ups. I don't know if I'm supposed to get a pop-up from here!! I haven't got sound while testing at home.

If I add a notification, from the GPIO App, "notifications.GPIO20" to the Notifications > Send App it shows in the Data Browser when I hit the "Play" button 

It goes to "null" when I hit "Stop".

I'm presuming the "Play" & "Stop" buttons in the Notifications App are for testing.

When I activate the float switch, I get the message from the GPIO App & nothing from the Notifications App. 

When de-activated the message reverts to the GPIO App off message, not the null message from the Notifications App.

I've got no idea what I'm doing in the Notifications > Actions App!!

At no time during my "playing" has there been a pop-up on the desktop, can't say about a sound. I'm hoping there is something wrong & not me being stupid!!!

Could there be a way to set a SK Path when adding/editing an input in the GPIO APP so that it could be used when adding a notification?

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, Pypilot; OP4

RE: Notifications - Sailoog - 2024-05-05

Still not working after reboot?

All seems to work as expected in your system so I do not know why you are not seeing the pop-ups. Try this in a terminal:

openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp

and try this too:

set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing

Let me know if you get any error.

Question, where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" data comes from? I do not have that. what is your Signal k version?

RE: Notifications - Lazzz - 2024-05-05

(2024-05-05, 11:37 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Still not working after reboot?

All seems to work as expected in your system so I do not know why you are not seeing the pop-ups. Try this in a terminal:

openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp

and try this too:

set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing

Let me know if you get any error.

Question, where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" data comes from? I do not have that. what is your Signal k version?

No, still nothing after reboot.

Signal k version is 2.7.2

After running this: openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp
I got this Notification window very briefly, for about 1 or 2 seconds only then disappeared.

After running: set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing
Nothing happened!!

I still didn't get any pop-ups, or anything in the Data Browser, after a reboot when setting the float switch to active / 1, just the correct message from the GPIO App.
I closed all windows to see if there was a very brief pop-up when setting off the float switch but nothing!!

The only place where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" data could be coming from is the GPIO > Digital App because the messages correspond.
I deleted the notifications in the Notifications > Send App, to check if these "alerts" were coming from there but they still showed.

When I added a notification for GPIO20 again I press the Play button & the notification appears in the Data Browser, still showing the "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" 
When I hit the stop button the message goes to "null".

When I activate the Float pin the CPU Usage briefly jumps from 5% to 14% & when I turn it off it does the same jump again.

RE: Notifications - Sailoog - 2024-05-06

We are getting closer.

The behavior of "openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp" is the expected one.

But you should get a similar window when running "set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing", so here is the problem.

Forget the GPIO app and focus on this set-notification command because openplotter-gpio is using this to create gpio notifications and it is not working in your system. You should get this in SK and a window should open:

It is a mystery for me where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata come from. Maybe here is the problem because is the only difference between out systems. Any Signal k setting perhaps?

RE: Notifications - Sailoog - 2024-05-06

Any special plugin installed in SK server?

RE: Notifications - Lazzz - 2024-05-07

Ran "set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing" and got the testing message in SK but no pop-up window opening.

It also has the same "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata.

I disabled the "Simple Notifications" & the "Raspberry-Pi gpio" plugins, re-booted and got the same result. No pop-up.

I do have some Node-Red flows running which use some of the GPIO pins so I disabled the "Node-Red" plugin, re-booted, got the Warning in Check System & tried again running "set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing" & still got the same result: No pop-up & the message in SK with the same "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata.

I tried a different command using "alert" but got the same result.

When I add a new notification in the Notifications > Send App there is no SK key in the drop down, for the GPIO pin used in the GPIO App. I have to select notifications > * then type in "GPIO20" > replace to get the SK key.

Is it possible to set a SK Path when adding/editing an input in the GPIO APP so that it could be used when adding a notification?

(2024-05-06, 01:00 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Any special plugin installed in SK server?

Here is a list of the plugins running:

Don't know if it is related but I cannot enable GPIO20, pin 38, in Node Red "rpi-gpio in node". Would this have something to do with the MacArthur hat??

RE: Notifications - Lazzz - 2024-05-08

I just checked my Pi4 running OP3 & SK shows the same "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata as the Pi5 OP4 and that is using the "Simple Notifications" App.

I've never had a pop-up notification using OP3 either - not since OP2.