This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications
I'm not getting any pop-up messages for any notifications.

I have other notifications, but I am using the Bilge Alarm via the Seatalk on GPIO20, as per the Macarthur Hat doc, for easy bench testing.

I'm getting messages from the GPIO App in Data Browser & the message changes when set to high as it should but no pop up.

In the Notification App > Send Tab > hit play > Get message in Data Browser only > then back to null when hit Stop. However, nothing when I short the switch / set the GPIO pin to high.

This is with the "Play" button on

This is with the Bilge Switch ON & "Play" OFF

I can't get anything to work in the Actions tab, I've given up there, for now!!

I know I'm not doing something I should because I haven't been able to get this working on my Pi4 OP3 either, I've just been waiting for the Docs!!

I'm expecting to see a pop-up notification like I used to see in OP2.

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, Pypilot; OP4
There are important changes to the Signal k server regarding notification handling that we have had to adapt to in openplotter-notifications 4.1.0 and you are running 4.0.25. Please update and let us know if it works.
Your question made me realize that the new "nominal" state and null state are not present in openplotter-gpio digital and should be added.
Updated the Notifications App to 4.1.0-beta

In the GPIO > Digital App all my digital inputs are showing in th SK Data Browser & are changing status when I activate a pin (eg float switch) but I don't get any pop-ups. I don't know if I'm supposed to get a pop-up from here!! I haven't got sound while testing at home.

If I add a notification, from the GPIO App, "notifications.GPIO20" to the Notifications > Send App it shows in the Data Browser when I hit the "Play" button 

It goes to "null" when I hit "Stop".

I'm presuming the "Play" & "Stop" buttons in the Notifications App are for testing.

When I activate the float switch, I get the message from the GPIO App & nothing from the Notifications App. 

When de-activated the message reverts to the GPIO App off message, not the null message from the Notifications App.

I've got no idea what I'm doing in the Notifications > Actions App!!

At no time during my "playing" has there been a pop-up on the desktop, can't say about a sound. I'm hoping there is something wrong & not me being stupid!!!

Could there be a way to set a SK Path when adding/editing an input in the GPIO APP so that it could be used when adding a notification?

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, Pypilot; OP4
Still not working after reboot?

All seems to work as expected in your system so I do not know why you are not seeing the pop-ups. Try this in a terminal:

openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp

and try this too:

set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing

Let me know if you get any error.

Question, where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" data comes from? I do not have that. what is your Signal k version?
(2024-05-05, 11:37 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Still not working after reboot?

All seems to work as expected in your system so I do not know why you are not seeing the pop-ups. Try this in a terminal:

openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp

and try this too:

set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing

Let me know if you get any error.

Question, where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" data comes from? I do not have that. what is your Signal k version?

No, still nothing after reboot.

Signal k version is 2.7.2

After running this: openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp
I got this Notification window very briefly, for about 1 or 2 seconds only then disappeared.

After running: set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing
Nothing happened!!

I still didn't get any pop-ups, or anything in the Data Browser, after a reboot when setting the float switch to active / 1, just the correct message from the GPIO App.
I closed all windows to see if there was a very brief pop-up when setting off the float switch but nothing!!

The only place where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" data could be coming from is the GPIO > Digital App because the messages correspond.
I deleted the notifications in the Notifications > Send App, to check if these "alerts" were coming from there but they still showed.

When I added a notification for GPIO20 again I press the Play button & the notification appears in the Data Browser, still showing the "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" 
When I hit the stop button the message goes to "null".

When I activate the Float pin the CPU Usage briefly jumps from 5% to 14% & when I turn it off it does the same jump again.
Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, OP4,
We are getting closer.

The behavior of "openplotter-notifications-visual xxxxx normal testing timestamp" is the expected one.

But you should get a similar window when running "set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing", so here is the problem.

Forget the GPIO app and focus on this set-notification command because openplotter-gpio is using this to create gpio notifications and it is not working in your system. You should get this in SK and a window should open:

It is a mystery for me where "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata come from. Maybe here is the problem because is the only difference between out systems. Any Signal k setting perhaps?
Any special plugin installed in SK server?
Ran "set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing" and got the testing message in SK but no pop-up window opening.

It also has the same "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata.

I disabled the "Simple Notifications" & the "Raspberry-Pi gpio" plugins, re-booted and got the same result. No pop-up.

I do have some Node-Red flows running which use some of the GPIO pins so I disabled the "Node-Red" plugin, re-booted, got the Warning in Check System & tried again running "set-notification -v xxxxx normal testing" & still got the same result: No pop-up & the message in SK with the same "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata.

I tried a different command using "alert" but got the same result.

When I add a new notification in the Notifications > Send App there is no SK key in the drop down, for the GPIO pin used in the GPIO App. I have to select notifications > * then type in "GPIO20" > replace to get the SK key.

Is it possible to set a SK Path when adding/editing an input in the GPIO APP so that it could be used when adding a notification?

(2024-05-06, 01:00 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Any special plugin installed in SK server?

Here is a list of the plugins running:

Don't know if it is related but I cannot enable GPIO20, pin 38, in Node Red "rpi-gpio in node". Would this have something to do with the MacArthur hat??

I just checked my Pi4 running OP3 & SK shows the same "alertCategory", "alertSystem" and "alertID" metadata as the Pi5 OP4 and that is using the "Simple Notifications" App.

I've never had a pop-up notification using OP3 either - not since OP2.