This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi5 Serial - MacArthur Hat
Hi,

I did switch the 12V Switched off.

But i suspect that the culprit is my installation. I started the installation with the settings application downloaded from cloudsmith. 
I restarted my installation this morning from an img file. That solved the grayed out UART buttons but I have a whole new list of issues ... Starting with Pypilot not posting pitch, heal, yaw and heading to signalK due to credentials that aren't set. 
Thereafter i have some SensESP problems (I can solve those) and Notifications also reports credentials missing.
I Remember when i first set up OP2 it went like a charm ... 
Anyway how do i solve the credentials?
Like I said ... using the image solved the grayed out UART buttons, but when I select the UART2 and UART4 and reboot, everything remains the same (See attached screenshot) 

I've also removed all the blank lines from /boot/firmware/config.txt ... (Read that in another post)
As you can see only my USB GPS device and ttyAMA0 show up. I don't know where the ttyAMA10 comes from.
Another problem that arose are the credentials that are missing for pypilot and notifications, I've been rebooting the system of and on but no requests are send. (See below) 

To end with a positive note ... shutting down and rebooting with the power module does work now. Also my SensESP project is posting and getting data out SignalK. Can you shed a light on the remaining problems please?

Koen
Just for future reference ... this problem is addressed, and solved in this post.

The short version of the solution, do not change the default username 'pi' and all will work like a charm.