This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
I was happily running OP4 on a RP5 w/MacA hat.   When I can to the boat today and logged into my openplotter I noticed that there was a Signal K update.  I click on update and after a while everything stopped working.  I rebooted the system and now Signal K does not start:

Here is the Checking OP output:
Checking display server... | x11
Checking virtual keyboard... | keyboard-EN.xml
Checking OpenPlotter autostart... | enabled
Checking OpenPlotter packages source... | added
Checking MAIANA transponder... | NMEA 0183 over TCP (10110) interface OK | service not running
↳There is no MAIANA device defined
    Signal K connection "maianaCommand" does not exists. Reinstall "MAIANA AIS transponder" app.
    Error validating Signal K connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused.
Checking GPIO... | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | service not running
↳Error validating Signal K connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused.
Checking I2C sensors... | I2C disabled | service not running
Checking Notifications... | service running
Checking CAN devices...
↳There is no Signal K connection for interface: can0
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking OpenCPN... | not running | autostart disabled
Checking Signal K server...
↳Signal K server is not running
Checking serial connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking network connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking Power off management... | enabled
Checking Shutdown management...
↳service not running
Checking touchscreen optimization... | disabled
Checking rescue mode... | disabled
Checking debugging mode... | disabled
Checking WiFi password... | done
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHED

I tried to reinstall Signal K but still not joy.

Any help to be greatly appreciated
what happens if you reinstall sk from OP? do you get any error?

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/4....l-signal-k

Are all the OP apps updated?

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/4....candidates
(2024-06-16, 07:39 PM)Sailoog Wrote: what happens if you reinstall sk from OP? do you get any error?

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/4....l-signal-k

Are all the OP apps updated?

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/4....candidates

Yes, I reinstalled, checked,  rebooted, and checked again.  Signal K does not run.   All OP apps are updated to 4.1.0-stable except for Settings and Notifications which are 4.2.0-stable.

Here is the output from Check System:
Checking display server... | x11
Checking virtual keyboard... | keyboard-EN.xml
Checking OpenPlotter autostart... | enabled
Checking OpenPlotter packages source... | added
Checking MAIANA transponder... | NMEA 0183 over TCP (10110) interface OK | service not running
↳There is no MAIANA device defined
    Signal K connection "maianaCommand" does not exists. Reinstall "MAIANA AIS transponder" app.
    Error validating Signal K connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused.
Checking GPIO... | 1W disabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | service not running
Checking I2C sensors... | I2C disabled | service not running
Checking Notifications... | service running
Checking CAN devices...
↳There is no Signal K connection for interface: can0
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking OpenCPN... | not running | autostart disabled
Checking Signal K server...
↳Signal K server is not running
Checking serial connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking network connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking Power off management... | enabled
Checking Shutdown management...
↳service not running
Checking touchscreen optimization... | disabled
Checking rescue mode... | disabled
Checking debugging mode... | disabled
Checking WiFi password... | done
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHED

There are some warnings. Check your system.
(2024-06-12, 05:20 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2024-06-04, 02:04 PM)Dany Wrote: And maybe one or two more red statusbar lines when one or more sensor(s) are present and the service does not start. IMHO it's verbosity setting is a wee bit on the low side. Regards!

Done. Check openplotter-i2c v4.1.3 and report any issue please.

Looks good! I have not been able to test the exact DOF quoted above but i did fiddle with some others. When i get the DOF back i'll test that too.
OpenPlotter v4 stable versions released!!!!

The documentation has also been rewritten. Some chapters still need to be added, but we are very happy with the overall system and documents improvement.

You can still continue working on translations and we will update the system from time to time.

Priorities now are to get Seatalk1 working again and improve the pypilot integration.

After this, we will continue working on new tools such as OpenPlotter Á la Carte and the new IoB application to facilitate remote communication with your boat.

There is also new hardware on the horizon, some of these new projects will be really revolutionary Wink

Thank you very much for your help Heart
(2024-06-19, 05:56 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter v4 stable versions released!!!!

The documentation has also been rewritten. Some chapters still need to be added, but we are very happy with the overall system and documents improvement.

You can still continue working on translations and we will update the system from time to time.

Priorities now are to get Seatalk1 working again and improve the pypilot integration.

After this, we will continue working on new tools such as OpenPlotter Á la Carte and the new IoB application to facilitate remote communication with your boat.

There is also new hardware on the horizon, some of these new projects will be really revolutionary Wink

Thank you very much for your help Heart

Great work Sailoog and team!!
I forgot to comment, OpenCPN 5.10 is coming and there will be some changes and improvements, so we are already working to make the update painless and without having to reinstall the entire system. You will be able to use these new OpenPlotter v4 images for a few years until the next major Debian update.
Congrats on a great achievement and thank you for all of the work you and the team do!
Yes, Agreed ! Well done.
Do you suggest a new install from the previous version ? Edit: Did a fresh download and install anyway..
Daisy hat works, Pypilot can't find controller. Edit: I have managed to get the controller connected to openplotter using UART1 GPIO0 and GPIO1.
They seem to be talking because the leds are illuminating. No motor movement even though Tx and Rx leds blink faster when I move the IMU.
For my application Pypilot is important and hoping for eventual Seatalk1 integration... Oh, and two finger zooms would be nice :-)
Appreciated !
(2024-06-19, 05:56 PM)Sailoog Wrote: OpenPlotter v4 stable versions released!!!!

For some reason I can no longer view the docs online from my home PC.

Both OP4 & OP3 docs used to work fine.

I tried 3 different browsers & got what is in the image below.

The links address changed but stayed on the same page.

OP 3 docs now goes to the same page.

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, OP4,