This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to boot into RPi5 with latest updates
This was a first. System not usable, would not fully boot after latest RPi5 update. If I removed the MacArthur Hat, everything worked. I have now set my boot order on the RPi5 to SD card then USB drive then NVMe drive, so I can at least recover. Looks like it slows down at some type of raspi-config and gets hung trying to access the network, happens before the initialization of OpenPlotter. Would be nice to have a grub and ARM64 CloneZilla when this happens!

My sudo -E rpi-eeprom-config —edit now looks like this:

[all]
BOOT_UART=1
BOOT_ORDER=0xf641
POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=1

Will backup to SD card before any updates in future, so I can always go backwards . . . 

Always remember to tick new partition UUIDs when doing any copying (SD Card Copy).

Messages In This Thread
Unable to boot into RPi5 with latest updates - by CaptIgmu - 2024-10-13, 02:46 AM