This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting usb-gps and usb-ais running
Hi
I’m now working with a 3b+. On my 3b I had been using a cheap hub for a usb gps, and usb AIS and wireless mouse. I also fried my first 3b+ including IMU and micro SDcard, a few weeks ago, after it was splashed through an open port in the Thames Estuary. I’d been using it as a cable feed to test a homemade AIS aerial.
I’ve now stopped using the hub and am using the 3b+ USB ports including gps, sdr radio (AIS), a secondary wireless usb and Osenc charts and an IMU, without any indication YET of a current draw problem. I’ve not used the AIS at sea yet. I have however tried the Gqrx radio (the processor useage goes up close to 100%) without any indication of current draw issues so far. I’m also pleased with RealVNC which I use with my iPad Air.
I must stress that I’m still on a learning curve so my expertise is not very advanced.

Messages In This Thread
RE: getting usb-gps and usb-ais running - by Johnnysails - 2018-10-22, 10:23 PM