This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Raspbian bug kills Moitessier HAT systems after upgrading to kernel 4.19.118
(2020-06-30, 09:54 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Are you updating the kernel after step 4? doing so you will overwrite the fix. Kernel should be updated before step 4. Obviously this is not clear in the instructions.

I'm running 4.19.118 and followed "Senario 1" sequence without explicit forced kernel reinstall after step 4. Tryed it for a couple of times, but result was the same.

Update:
Made another attempt and found what the issue is. Moitessier package instalation does fail on step 10. Then on step 11 bugfix script attepts to do 'sudo apt-get upgrade', which in order attempts to finish unfinished (failed) installation of Moitessier package and fails, causing the bugfix script to exit (line 111) before actually copying  fixed i2c-gpio.dtbo to /boot/overlays
If I manually do the copying 'sudo cp moitessier/dtbo/i2c-gpio_bug_fix_4.19.118.dtbo /boot/overlays/i2c-gpio.dtbo' after step 11 and before step 12, then everything works just fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raspbian bug kills Moitessier HAT systems after upgrading to kernel 4.19.118 - by serh11 - 2020-06-30, 10:53 AM