This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie alert: Getting errors both in Webapp and Node-RED
To clarify, I'm a newbie with the Node-RED plugin for SignalK, I'm not a newbie with SignalK (been using that for a couple of years) or Node-RED (been using that for close to ten years for my smarthome and smartcabin). So I installed the plugin to my Pi, which runs SignalK, Node-RED, Home Assistant, a wifi router and a bunch of other stuff. I do a bit of Python, LUA and a tiny bit of YAML and JSON programming for the systems. I am also running a bunch of ESP-32, I think I have 8 in my 24' open pilothouse aluminium boat, which I use for fishing with shellfish pots and some rod and reel fishing. I wanted to have the possibility to log a few things from the plotter in Home Assistant, so I installed the Node-RED plug-in to send it from there to Hass with MQTT messages. But I get no joy, I'm sure it's an idiot mistake. I had a problem finding good info for the plug-in.

First of all I want to use the Node-RED instance I'm already running. Any 2 version won't work on my system, because I am running a few older things for my regular Node-RED, so I don't have the libraries that version 2 demands. So here is what I did: I installed the plug-in and tried to set it up, screenshot:

I don't get where that "unexpected token u" comes from, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with my original Node-RED installation.

As for the Node-RED flow it's very simple:

Code:
[{"id":"cbbdb1aa.0c773","type":"signalk-notification","z":"85e2b9a.f39d948","name":"Dybde","notification":"environment.depth.belowTransducer","state":"any","x":115.66667175292969,"y":318.66668701171875,"wires":[["690f702.8d1ea9"]]},{"id":"690f702.8d1ea9","type":"debug","z":"85e2b9a.f39d948","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":320.66668701171875,"y":319.6666667461395,"wires":[]}]

In the Webapp I get: Cannot GET /undefined
And in Node-RED I get:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'subscribe' of undefined"

Can somebody please put me out of my misery here? Blush

Messages In This Thread
Newbie alert: Getting errors both in Webapp and Node-RED - by Mastiff - 2022-05-25, 02:23 PM