This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing 5.6.2.2 with Beta Debian ARM64
Hello Corsair. I'm not in charge of anything here, but I'm the guy behind the the catalan translation of OP2 and OP3.

I don't know where you've seen "Paisos Catalans" written, but I'm pretty sure is not in any of the translated files. I usually choose to just use "CatalĂ " as language or "Catalunya" as location so everybody can choose their prefered language.

Besides that, the first political statement is FOSS itself (and OpenPlotter is FOSS). As users we choose not to pay, we choose to contribute or not, we choose to don't depend on big companies. In summary, we choose how we want to handle this little parcel of the world that is our boat. And choice comes with some duty, and that is mainly to respect everyone involved. The existance of any identity, be it gender, be it nationality, be it whatever, shouldn't hurt you. For example, a make a big effort to make my translations genderless (and as you can imagine that's hard in severly gendered languages like spanish or catalan).

So, I'm sorry if it makes you feel bad, but adding options for others without limiting yours, can never be a good reason to be sad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Testing 5.6.2.2 with Beta Debian ARM64 - by MigGat - 2022-06-06, 09:25 AM