This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 released!
(2019-09-17, 06:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You have just to convert magneticHeading, pitch and roll from SK to NMEA 0183 using the SK plugin.
If you have got a calibration you should see the correct heading. How many degrees of difference from real heading do you have?

Okay that I believe I have done but still no data in opencpn

Here are some screen shots

Attached Files Image(s)

(2019-09-17, 08:18 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-17, 06:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: You have just to convert magneticHeading, pitch and roll from SK to NMEA 0183 using the SK plugin.
If you have got a calibration you should see the correct heading. How many degrees of difference from real heading do you have?

The SignalK data appears in Kplex. It looks if you have used the GPS data direct in OpenCPN. There is no GLL in SignalK setup.

The connection to Kplex in OpenCPN is: network tcp localhost 10110.

In Kplex you can check if the info works. Install signalk-on in Kplex (TCP in localhost 10110).

Bram
(2019-09-17, 09:56 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2019-09-17, 08:18 PM)rastam4n Wrote:

The SignalK data appears in Kplex. It looks if you have used the GPS data direct in OpenCPN. There is no GLL in SignalK setup.

The connection to Kplex in OpenCPN is: network tcp localhost 10110.

In Kplex you can check if the info works. Install signalk-on in Kplex (TCP in localhost 10110).

Bram

No I have the gps data in SK I just did not show that... see attached 

Does this all look correct?

Attached Files Image(s)

This is what you must see in Kplex and to look if it works you can use diagnostics.

Bram

Attached Files Image(s)

(2019-09-18, 09:28 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: This is what you must see in Kplex and to look if it works you can use diagnostics.

Bram

Kplex is not released for OP2 yet? 

Are you running this on OP2 and if so how?
(2019-09-18, 03:56 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 09:28 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: This is what you must see in Kplex and to look if it works you can use diagnostics.

Bram

Hi Rasta***,

Yes, Kplex is working in OP2. However no direct serial input is possible. But it allready works with SignalK input. It also work with serieel input, but this must be done via serial plugin in SignalK. See my screenprint.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-09-18, 04:05 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 03:56 PM)rastam4n Wrote:

Bram

Hi Rasta***,

Yes, Kplex is working in OP2. However no direct serial input is possible. But it allready works with SignalK input. It also work with serieel input, but this must be done via serial plugin in SignalK. See my screenprint.

Regards,

Bram

Okay thank you Bram, but I don't understand. On my OP2 kplex says "coming soon" (see screen shot) are you maybe installing this from terminal?

Attached Files Image(s)

Rastam4n... what Verkerkbr is using is a compilation I made some time ago of OpenPlotter 2, but in the old way  when it was not installed modularly but as a whole.

In that compilation were all the openplotter tools although some did not work at all well.

In the new method of installation by separate modules is still not kplex no other things and so you have that confusion between the two.

You are not using exactly the same thing. Verkerkbr uses the old style while you use the current method.
Why are sailors more daring than other men?
Because: No man is so often afraid
like the sailors.

"Of the questions of the seafaring world", in
The Tree of Science, Ramon Llull
Once again Smile
You do not need any connection in opencpn but the input TCP localhost 10110. Remove any one else.
You have to create the connection TCP localhost 20220 in SK.

Remember that Signal K is the heart of this, it is in charge of getting all data from everywhere. Opencpn only listen at TCP localhost 10110. In OpenPlotter 2 there is a useful tool in openplotter settings called "check system". There you will get important clues of what is wrong in your system (pypilot no implemented yet).
(2019-09-18, 05:49 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Once again Smile
You do not need any connection in opencpn but the input TCP localhost 10110. Remove any one else.
You have to create the connection TCP localhost 20220 in SK.

Remember that Signal K is the heart of this, it is in charge of getting all data from everywhere. Opencpn only listen at TCP localhost 10110. In OpenPlotter 2 there is a useful tool in openplotter settings called "check system". There you will get important clues of what is wrong in your system (pypilot no implemented yet).

Hi Sailoog

I understand about opencpn, I have one connection in the opencpn connection tab which is localhost 10110

I have added a connection in signal k for 1. ttyUSB0 and 2. localhost 20220. 

The connection to 20220 is giving errors, "connect ECONREFUSED 127.0.0.1:20220

check system is not reporting any problems

"(pypilot no implemented yet)"  what does this mean? I understand that the autopilot function is not working but for IMU only it is, I can see the data the IMU is working and it is calibrated. 

is it set to refuse connections from signal k? I don't understand to enabling the IMU if the data is not accessible?

Attached Files Image(s)