This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Recommend a NMEA0183 to WiFi bridge for Tinypilot
(2020-07-24, 05:14 PM)ottow Wrote:
(2020-07-24, 12:59 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: you can set a tcp client address and port for nmea in the pypilot.conf or on the web interface.  This is only in the latest version.

Can you please describe this in a bit more detail, or point me to the relevant documentation?

I am running the latest tinypilot image (tinypilot_21122019.img.xz) and I see no option in the web UI nor in pypilot.conf to set this.

Sean, can you please respond here? I am quite stuck.
Hello Ottow

Did you manage to connect the nmea4wifi to the pypilot?
I will try too
No, I never go around to this, other things had higher priority.
It is however my understanding that the latest version of pypilot supports the standard way to read NMEA 0183 data, ie the client (pypilot in this case) connects to the bridge (nmea4wifi) at a given IP and port, and reads the data stream.

So it _should_ work.
Sorry I somehow missed this before. Yes, the latest version you can add a nmea client.
Hello, I bought the pypilot in December.
I have a NMEA4WIFI multiplexer (vela navega) which receives the wind, gps and ais wired and retransmits to the pc in wifi port 2000 tcp or 3000 udp IP 192.168.4.1

( https://www.vela-navega.com/nmea4wifi/do...ction.html )

I'm having trouble interfacing both with my pc running windows (sorry) and opencpn.
It's either one or the other! Is there a tutorial or a procedure to follow to achieve this?
Being bad at networking...
Thank you for the help you will give me.

Didier
(2022-02-03, 03:32 PM)Jean-Marc Douroux Wrote: Hello Ottow

Did you manage to connect the nmea4wifi to the pypilot?
I will try too

Bonjour,

Avez vous réussi à interfacer le pypilot le NMEA4WIFI et le pc ?
Je n'y arrive pas, mais bon, je suis pas doué en réseaux  [Image: biggrin.png]

Merci
Didier.
(2022-02-08, 12:47 AM)flobalaune Wrote: Hello, I bought the pypilot in December.
I have a NMEA4WIFI multiplexer (vela navega) which receives the wind, gps and ais wired and retransmits to the pc in wifi port 2000 tcp or 3000 udp IP 192.168.4.1

( https://www.vela-navega.com/nmea4wifi/do...ction.html )

I'm having trouble interfacing both with my pc running windows (sorry) and opencpn.
It's either one or the other! Is there a tutorial or a procedure to follow to achieve this?
Being bad at networking...
Thank you for the help you will give me.

Didier

There is only a single nmea client available, you can set from the web interface.   Otherwise pypilot functions as nmea server on tcp 20220 for as many clients as you like.   So for opencpn, typically you just add a connection to the ip of pypilot port 20220.
Photo 
(2020-05-26, 07:34 PM)ottow Wrote: Hi,

I want to provide wind and GPS (route) data to my Tinypilot.
The data is available on the boat's NMEA0183 wired bus, but I need a recommendation for a NMEA0183 to WiFi bridge.
I've considered Nmea2Wifi, Yakker, YDWN-02 among others however I'd like to hear recommendations for a known working solution.

Anyone?

Otto

I use nmea4wifi and I am very satisfied there is a SeaTalk 1 input and I use it raymarine st40 depth and stw. 3 nmea input.
Pierre