This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
(2022-02-20, 08:52 PM)Paul M Wrote: Opening Openplotter settings 3.1.0 from a terminal (in VNC client), the app opens but I get this in the terminal window.

pi@openplotter:~$openplotter-settings
wrong external apps format: unexpected OF while parsing (<string>, line 0)

Is this expected?
Paul

Yes, thanks Paul, that is an expected but annoying message that I always forget to remove Smile
(2022-02-15, 09:03 PM)Sailoog Wrote: The current op-settings is only searching for Rev 1.1 and 1.4

I will add 1.2 on next release, thanks!

And the port icons are now displayed perfectly. Thanks Sailoog!
OpenPlotter Can app for OpenPlotter 3 is released, docs will follow.

Test and report as usual please.

Thanks!
I am using openplotter v3, 64bit flat pak. I downloaded some charts and everything was good, I tried to download more charts but they wouldn’t download. I reboot and tried again, no charts, the red outline of the charts are there but no chart? Maybe I’m missing something so I shut it down, restarted and ran a system check. Message is “unable to read opencpn fp configuration” can you point me in the right direction? Thank you for all of your help so far!!! Total newby here, love the system!
(2022-02-26, 12:03 AM)John1270 Wrote: I am using openplotter v3, 64bit flat pak. I downloaded some charts and everything was good, I tried to download more charts but they wouldn’t download. I reboot and tried again, no charts, the red outline of the charts are there but no chart? Maybe I’m missing something so I shut it down, restarted and ran a system check. Message is “unable to read opencpn fp configuration” can you point me in the right direction? Thank you for all of your help so far!!! Total newby here, love the system!

What charts are you installing? if you are using o-charts you should use the dongle or you will probably lose your licenses soon with this alpha version.

if you get “unable to read opencpn fp configuration”  it means that opencpn flatpak is installed but you have not ran it yet and the conf file has not been created. Please open a terminal and type:

Code:
flatpak run org.opencpn.OpenCPN

copy here the result
The flatpak run org, seems to have fixed the chart issue some, the charts are not charts, just numbers, like they are over drawn on each other. Is there a way to delete all the charts and start fresh? I was downloading charts from openplotter. How can I post pics of what I am seeing?
(2022-02-26, 10:24 PM)John1270 Wrote: The flatpak run org, seems to have fixed the chart issue some, the charts are not charts, just numbers, like they are over drawn on each other. Is there a way to delete all the charts and start fresh? I was downloading charts from openplotter. How can I post pics of what I am seeing?

Ciao, see at the bottom of the page: https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....orate.html
CAN Bus section in OpenPlotter docs 3 is done!

https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....n_app.html

working on OpenPlotter Network app now.
(2022-02-26, 10:24 PM)John1270 Wrote: The flatpak run org, seems to have fixed the chart issue some, the charts are not charts, just numbers, like they are over drawn on each other. Is there a way to delete all the charts and start fresh? I was downloading charts from openplotter. How can I post pics of what I am seeing?

sorry I do not understand Huh
OpenPlotter Network app for OpenPlotter 3 is released, docs will follow.

Test and report as usual please.

Thanks!