This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
@Sailoog Could you add ssd1306 support to the i2c app? It´ll be nice to display some interesting data on the screen for a headless raspberry setup (SK status, IP address, GPS data, local time, etc...)
Thanks for your fantastic work!
Thanks for your answer. So, hoping the rpi4 will soon be available !!! Oups,
(2022-03-15, 09:47 AM)oxbown Wrote: @Sailoog Could you add ssd1306 support to the i2c app?  It´ll be nice to display some interesting data on the screen for a headless raspberry setup (SK status, IP address, GPS data, local time, etc...)
Thanks for your fantastic work!

Did you try the signalk app? 
https://github.com/jdcaprace/signalk-ras...pi-ssd1306
(2022-03-14, 08:49 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-03-14, 08:15 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Hi, just installed v3 32b on a Zero2, seems OK but getting a siganlk error after defining a serial device >
Code:
Mar 14 19:06:44 Error: Could not locate the bindings file. Tried: → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Debug/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Debug/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Debug/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Release/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Release/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/default/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/compiled/16.14.0/linux/arm/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/release/install-root/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/debug/install-root/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/default/install-root/bindings.node → /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/binding/node-v93-linux-arm/bindings.node at bindings (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:126:9) at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1103:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1155:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32) at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/index.js:14:22) at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1103:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1155:10) at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32) at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12) at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19) at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18) at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/serialport/lib/index.js:2:17) { tries: [ '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Debug/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Debug/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Debug/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/out/Release/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/Release/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/default/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/compiled/16.14.0/linux/arm/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/release/install-root/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/debug/install-root/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/addon-build/default/install-root/bindings.node', '/usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/binding/node-v93-linux-arm/bindings.node' ] }
Mar 14 19:06:44 signalk-server running at 0.0.0.0:[object Object]
Any ideas?

ta

I have seen before that issue trying to install SK in a Zero but I can not remember where Huh

did you try reinstalling?

Tried a few options, 64bit bullseye, 64 & 32 bit openplotter alpha. Given up for now, all seem to freeze installing node. Will have another go later on a Pi4 with the same steps, suspect the Pi Zero 2w is struggling...
New version of openplotter-can app adding support for MCP2517fd and MCP2518fd chips.

New version of openplotter-network app using nft instead of iptables and adding some tools. It seems that sharing internet still needs some work.

Thanks a lot to e-sailing for both changes!
openplotter-network app is fixed and now sharing internet works, thanks again to e-sailing. Docs has to be updated with the new features.

openplotter-notifications app is on its way and almost done with great new features.
(2022-03-30, 05:54 PM)Sailoog Wrote: openplotter-network app is fixed and now sharing internet works, thanks again to e-sailing. Docs has to be updated with the new features.

openplotter-notifications app is on its way and almost done with great new features.

I've just tried this out, and here's what I've found:

If I enable "activate wlan security (nft filter)", I can connect via wifi to my RPi and see the SignalK server on port 3000. With the option disabled, the wifi connection succeeds but the server isn't accessible. Will the documents explain what the option does?

The good news is that with the option enabled, I can now share internet via USB tethering. Great work!
(2022-03-30, 06:59 PM)TVR Wrote: I've just tried this out, and here's what I've found:

If I enable "activate wlan security (nft filter)", I can connect via wifi to my RPi and see the SignalK server on port 3000. With the option disabled, the wifi connection succeeds but the server isn't accessible. Will the documents explain what the option does?

The good news is that with the option enabled, I can now share internet via USB tethering. Great work!

Are you sure  about that behavior? you will only notice the effect of "activate wlan security (nft filter)" in this scenario:

- OpenPlotter set as an AP using the built-in wifi.
- OpenPlotter set as a client using a wifi dongle connected to the marina AP.
- Any device onboard connected to the Raspberry AP can connect to the signal k server and have access to internet using the shared connection of the marina.

On that scenario if  "activate wlan security (nft filter)" is not enabled, any boat connected to the marina AP could access to your signal K server and other services of your OpenPlotter or even any device onboard. Usually routers in marinas are protected against this but you never know.

If you are using your phone in the same scenario instead of the marina wifi, you probably will be protected because mobile internet providers are always protected, or maybe not, you know the big brother is always there...

Actually you do not need to set an AP to enable "activate wlan security (nft filter)". You will be also protected if you just connect to the marina as a client.

This will be in docs of course.
Thanks Sailoog, I retested it with wlan security off, and it works perfectly now. I'm not sure what went wrong first time but it's fine now.
openplotter-notifications is published. Docs will follow but here are some basic concepts:

This app has been rewritten. The main purpose of this app is to set visual and audible warnings triggered by Signal K notifications. You can also set a list of actions to be executed when a notification is generated. This actions system is now open and that means other Openplotter apps will be able to add more actions to the list.

To generate notifications you can use the Signal K plugin "Edit Zones" to define thresholds for any signal K key. when you install this app you also install a CLI application to generate Signal K notifications from a terminal or any program using the command "set-notification". there is a bug to be fixed and you can not get the help for this commando but here is:

Code:
set-notification: set-notification [options] Signal_K_key (normal|alert|warn|alarm|emergency) ["message"]

Sends a notification to the Signal K server

Options:
     -h, --help    Shows this document.
     -n, --null    Sends "null". Ignores options, states and message. Only Signal_K_key is required.
     -s, --sound    Adds sound method.
     -v, --visual    Adds visual method.

Exit Status:
   Returns success unless an error occurs.

For example you can use the OpenCPN plugin Watchdog to set an anchor alarm and run this command:

Code:
set-notification -s -v notifications.adrift alarm "Check your anchorage!"

and when this watchdog alarm is triggered, you will get this Signal K value for notifications.adrift key:

Code:
{
 "state": "alarm",
 "message": "Check your anchorage!",
 "method": [
   "sound",
   "visual"
 ],
 "timestamp": "2022-04-10T19:04:33.814246Z"
}

Check and report as usual, thanks!