This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 3 roadmap
Hi all
Quick question re the extra UARTs. Does this mean I can now have Bluetooth and Serial in the Beta?
sorry for adding to the alpha thread - not sure where else to ask.
Finbar
(2022-05-19, 09:13 AM)Finbar J Wrote: Hi all
Quick question re the extra UARTs.  Does this mean I can now have Bluetooth and Serial in the Beta?
sorry for adding to the alpha thread - not sure where else to ask.
Finbar

Yes, UART0 and Bluetooth use the same interface so you had to choose one of them. Now you can enable Bluetooth in UART0 and also enable UART2, UART3, UART4 or UART5 for serial and you will have Bluetooth and serial at the same time. Only for Raspberry 4.
(2022-05-16, 08:24 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Really good video. Remember that OpenPlotter will do the hard work, you do not need to deal with telegraf because everything is ready to work out of the box. Look at these screenshots, that is the interface we have written to create the telegraf files.

Hi Sailoog,
FYI, 
I’m tinkering (playing) with SenseESP and found that the underscores in the signal k keys are causing problems in the ‘data to store in influxDB 2.x’ dialog in the dashboards app 3.0.1.

E.g sensors.analogue_input.voltage, which is rejected because it contains special characters. 
PAUL
(2022-05-19, 07:36 PM)Paul M Wrote: Hi Sailoog,
FYI, 
I’m tinkering (playing) with SenseESP and found that the underscores in the signal k keys are causing problems in the ‘data to store in influxDB 2.x’ dialog in the dashboards app 3.0.1.

E.g sensors.analogue_input.voltage, which is rejected because it contains special characters. 
PAUL

Yes, that is the expected behavior. The signal k specification says that only letters and numbers are allowed: [A-Za-z0-9]

To differentiate words we use camelCase: sensors.analogueInput.voltage

You have a lot of examples here: https://signalk.org/specification/1.7.0/...ranch.html
(2022-05-19, 07:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2022-05-19, 07:36 PM)Paul M Wrote: Hi Sailoog,
FYI, 

PAUL

Yes, that is the expected behavior. The signal k specification says that only letters and numbers are allowed: [A-Za-z0-9]

To differentiate words we use camelCase: sensors.analogueInput.voltage

You have a lot of examples here: https://signalk.org/specification/1.7.0/...ranch.html
Thanks Sailoog.
So SensESP (part of signal k) are breaking their own rules? I’ll have to see how this can be changed, yet another learning curve to climb Smilehopefully it won’t be toooo difficult.
that is what it seems, do you have a link to that example?
Hello Paul M

I don't know if you talk about this specific example: https://github.com/SignalK/SensESP/blob/..._input.cpp

But have in mind that by convention in most of their samples they use underscore as a separator for URL paths or even for variables (which let me say it, i hate Big Grin):

const char* analog_in_config_path = "/indoor_illuminance/analog_in";

But when it comes to SignalK path they always use proper notation:

const char* sk_path = "environment.indoor.illuminance";

That being said, if you find a sample where there's an sk_path that uses underscore, you should notify them (or make yourself a PR if you feel confortable with that).

Forgot to mention that dots (.) in SignalK path have a meaning of hierarchy (what is at the right side of the dot belongs to the thing at the left side of the dot), but underscores in the config paths in SensEsp are just replaced by spaces when displayed on the website.

Sorry if i'm explaining basic things, i just don't know you're coding background, or anyone's who reads this Smile
Thanks again Sailoog,

I should stop distracting you from op3 development!

My coding experience is practically zero.

I got the underscore (sensors.analogue_input.voltage) from the signal k data browser in op3 when fed from a default installation of SensESP on an ESP32.
Do not worry. Pay attention to MigGat's explanations because are really valuable. AFAIK there are no manuals that explain the basics of Signal K.
MigGat and Sailoog,
Many thanks, I pit a note on their slack but had replies that the underscore doesn’t violate signal k syntax. It is just in the examples though so I’ve edited it out in my copy of the source. The dashboard app now parses ok although I’m still having problems seeing them in the influx db 2 bucket. But that is most likely down to my <0 experience of databases and queries. I’ll spend some more time on this before asking for help.