This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot in OpenPlotter 4 released
(2024-04-16, 10:56 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Is the IMU detected if you press "Refresh" in openplotter-pypilot?

Seems to stay the same >

[Image: 2ErqJpc.png]
I am not sure what hardware setup you have, but likely it wont detect the pypilot hat unless there is an i2c eeprom that it can read which is typically only on the pypilot hat's I make.

Otherwise, the detected IMU should (in theory) say something if pypilot itself is getting data from the IMU so not completely sure what is going on there.
I'm having trouble with my IMU detection as well!!

When I start up no IMU detected, hit refresh it is sometimes detected.

I have had no luck with any calibration - it's like there is nothing there to calibrate either with IMU only or Autopilot enabled.

When the IMU is detected & I try to calibrate it disappears & won't be detected again until a re-boot.

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, OP4, ICM-20948.
I am having the same problem. My IMU is not detected. I thought it was because I didn't solder a few pins properly. Will retry soon.

I'm using this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000910277147.html
(2024-04-22, 09:40 AM)Sully Wrote: I am having the same problem. My IMU is not detected. I thought it was because I didn't solder a few pins properly. Will retry soon.

If you can't see it using "i2c-detect -y 1"  it has nothing to do with pypilot at that stage and is wired wrong or not a good sensor.

I am not sure but guessing you didnt use level translators?  That chip uses 1v8 levels and the pi is 3v3.  For this to work you need mosfets and resistors and without these you might have damaged the part.
(2024-04-23, 02:43 PM)seandepagnier Wrote:
(2024-04-22, 09:40 AM)Sully Wrote: I am having the same problem. My IMU is not detected. I thought it was because I didn't solder a few pins properly. Will retry soon.

If you can't see it using "i2c-detect -y 1"  it has nothing to do with pypilot at that stage and is wired wrong or not a good sensor.

I am not sure but guessing you didnt use level translators?  That chip uses 1v8 levels and the pi is 3v3.  For this to work you need mosfets and resistors and without these you might have damaged the part.

I definitely didn't use mosfets nor resistors. I'm connecting it directly to the socket of the MacArthur Hat.

Did I burn the IMU? I'm surely learning a lot with these projects haha! 

Anyways I'm going to try to detect it using the method you mentioned.

Edit: didn't work.
(2024-04-23, 04:27 PM)Sully Wrote: I definitely didn't use mosfets nor resistors. I'm connecting it directly to the socket of the MacArthur Hat.

Did I burn the IMU? I'm surely learning a lot with these projects haha! 

Anyways I'm going to try to detect it using the method you mentioned.

Edit: didn't work.

I'm in the same boat. I bought the ICM-20948 Sensor Module 9 Axis MEMS Motion Tracking Device Sensor CJMCU-20948 because it was the recommended one and I have it connected to the MacArthur hat via the IMU header.

It is randomly detected but nothing happens when I try to calibrate it & then it has "disappeared" until the next re-boot.

I tried i2c-detect -y 1 but got the following???

If this IMU is no good what is the recommendation??

TIA

Pi5 8GB, NVME SSD 512GB, MacArthur hat, OP4
i2cdetect -y -1 (no dash after i2c)

If not try "sudo apt-get install i2c-tools"

then "i2cdetect -y -1"
Thanks Opie,

Still doesn't make much sense to me!!

-y 1

not -y -1
not -y -l

also, does the macarthur hat have level translators? If not you will damage that part