This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
(2024-05-09, 11:53 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Seatalk1 feature is only working in openplotter v3 and Raspberry model 4. For Raspberry model 5 you need openplotter v4 and the seatalk1 feature have to be rewritten to work in both models. It is not a trivial task so we will work on this when the stable openplotter v4 is released so as not to delay it. Our human resources and time are limited and some help here would be fantastic. In the meantime, someone may present a solution but I do not think anyone is working on this.

My system consists of a mini-PC running Ubuntu. Works great! 

To support Seatalk1, I added a RPi just for that purpose, connected through wifi to the mini-PC. Has worked flawlessly for a year, until I modernized my instrument setup. Separating the Seatalk1 interface using a dedicated RPi is what I recommend.
(2024-05-09, 01:51 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Smile  OP4 + MacArthur on PI5 4GB + SSD

Everything ok, on the desk, forward so and good wind, always!

see:foto

Same here ---
OP4 + MacArthur + Maiana installed on the boat.
oeSENC Charts with dongle shared by OpenCPN and AVNAV (wow, this is fast)
headless in existing Wifi
Switched on/off with N2k

Flawless so far .... 
Thumbs up for the Docs ! Easy to understand and good for reference

Thank  You All !!
(2024-05-10, 12:54 AM)beercansailor Wrote:
(2024-05-09, 11:53 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Seatalk1 feature is only working in openplotter v3 and Raspberry model 4. For Raspberry model 5 you need openplotter v4 and the seatalk1 feature have to be rewritten to work in both models. It is not a trivial task so we will work on this when the stable openplotter v4 is released so as not to delay it. Our human resources and time are limited and some help here would be fantastic. In the meantime, someone may present a solution but I do not think anyone is working on this.

My system consists of a mini-PC running Ubuntu. Works great! 

To support Seatalk1, I added a RPi just for that purpose, connected through wifi to the mini-PC. Has worked flawlessly for a year, until I modernized my instrument setup. Separating the Seatalk1 interface using a dedicated RPi is what I recommend.

I contemplated getting this ST1toWIFI device and using my RPi5 and OP4 for the coming season, but eventually decided on keeping my RPi4 with OP3 for now.  

Sailoog - I can help with testing if needed
Thanks everyone, do not worry, we will make it sooner or later.
I have a RP-5 andI am attempting to load Openplotter 4 Beta from the link in this thread.
I have a 32Gb sd card in the reader/writer.
I access RP Imager, and select downlaoded file: 'OpenPlotter 4 Starting.zip'
I click next andd get
Error
Input file is not a valid disk image.
File size 20994019341 bytes is not a multiple of 512 bytes.

How do I get Openplotter 4 onto RP5?
(2024-05-11, 05:30 PM)jks Wrote: I have a RP-5 andI  am attempting to load Openplotter 4 Beta from the link in this thread.
I have a 32Gb sd card in the reader/writer.
I access RP Imager, and select downlaoded file: 'OpenPlotter 4 Starting.zip'
I click next andd get
Error
Input file is not a valid disk image.
File size 20994019341 bytes is not a multiple of 512 bytes.

How do I get Openplotter 4 onto RP5?

Unzip the .zip-File, it contains a .img-file. If you need further assistance, feel free to PM me, i am sitting with my boat in the eastern med waiting for the meltemi to cease.
sounds like a corrupted download.
Hi Sailoog,

So any suggestions of where to get a uncorrupted download of OP4?
the link is OK you need better internet connection
the file is "2023-12-29-OpenPlotter-v4-Starting-beta-64bit-img.zip" not "OpenPlotter 4 Starting.zip"