This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting usb-gps and usb-ais running
Wink 
Hi,

@Werner:thank you for your infos.

@all. problem solved

@all newbies like me:

maybe my learning curve can help anybody who is new and not much into the rasberian thing - like me.
Before you start have look at the new dataflow diagram of OP 1.x.x: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1173

1. First thing I did is getting me a new USB-Hub. I connected everything.

2. Then I browsed the net and found the simple rasberian-command: lsusb -v
When you are in the main screen of rasberian and go to the "old saspi-config, you open it and open a new window.
Now you have a command line and can type in lsusb -v
Now you get a list of all usb-devices connected - internal and external. There you must find your hub and your hooked up devices. 

3. If your devices are there, you can close the window and get back to openplotter. There you find several tabs:
- Serial: here you should now find your usb devices. And now its time to make them detachable for openplotter. Klick on the line with the device, give it a name as an identifier AND assign it to Kplex. Now set the right Baud rate and your done. Hit apply.
- kplex: here I found my devices I assigned to kplex. With the diagnostic button you can see, what data comes through.

4. In opencpn you should already find the localhost:10110 under Connnections. If not, add it.

My problem was, that I did not find out how to add my devices in openplotter in the serial tab AND that I had to assign them to kplex!
Easy thing after you know it, but if you dont know.......

Best 

Michael

Messages In This Thread
RE: getting usb-gps and usb-ais running - by michael.trilling@gmail.com - 2018-10-23, 04:15 PM