This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Epsolar plugin for SignalK
Have sent you a PM, I am interested in doing the same with an EPsolar controller.
(2021-07-09, 10:35 AM)Newt2u Wrote: Have sent you a PM, I am interested in doing the same with an EPsolar controller.

I replied.
Quick update on my EPEver/Renogy Commander 60 set up.

When I moved over to OPv3 64-bit, it ruined my USB connection to solar charger and I couldn't get it to recover. Not too big of a deal, as I had my old 32-bit system still on a different flash, so I could swap out when needed. However, I always hated that USB set up and wanted a more permanent solution, so I scoured the internet for more info to discover via Adam Welch's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK9fUSUYFQ8&t=598s) that EPEver had released a Ethernet-to-RS485 converter. But, of course EPEver didn't make it, a company called USR IOT did and they built an OS to support these products and they are available everywhere. After searching around, I decided to get the WaveShare version (https://www.waveshare.com/product/iot-co...to-eth.htm) that does both RS-485 & RS-232. I don't need to ethernet-ize any RS-232 devices, but it does feature a variable voltage input. Most of these are 5 Volt fixed, but this one has a 5-36 volt range, so I was able to wire it straight into the boat's electrical system, which I feel is a big plus. I paid more by getting it off Amazon, but I had points (so it was free anyway) and got it the next day.

Installed it, logged into it, a simple configuration, and bam! Data was flowing onto my LAN. Then in Node-Red, it was so easy to switch over the Modbus connection and we are now permentantly running OPv3 64-bit!
i have not opened my old code but i think i know what was causing an issue with it.. i need to set the mode to user before changing from default settings. i have two epsolar charge controllers on my new boat and at some point i will look at my old code.