This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 released!
(2019-09-18, 05:12 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 04:05 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 03:56 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 09:28 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: This is what you must see in Kplex and to look if it works you can use diagnostics.

Bram

Kplex is not released for OP2 yet? 

Are you running this on OP2 and if so how?

Hi Rasta***,

Yes, Kplex is working in OP2. However no direct serial input is possible. But it allready works with SignalK input. It also work with serieel input, but this must be done via serial plugin in SignalK. See my screenprint.

Regards,

Bram

Okay thank you Bram, but I don't understand. On my OP2 kplex says "coming soon" (see screen shot) are you maybe installing this from terminal?

The same here. "Coming soon" in the application list. But in my version there is allready a Kplex multiplexer. And in the setup you can easily choose signalk-in and this works here. However direct serial input is not possible, because serial setting is not possible in the OpenPlotter menu.

But Kplex seems to work can use the SignalK data.

It is possible that your version does not have Kplex installed. If I look at my repos in Synaptic I see a version of  Kplex. If I do sudo apt install kplex. I get the message: latest version allready installed. And with the same version as in Synaptic.

Bram

Kplex version: kplex_1.4.1-1buster~bionic1

There is almost the same version on site of Strypdog for the Raspberry. Just installed over the present versie. Works very well.
I thought you guys might enjoy reading this recent article on benchmarking the RPI4. I'm impressed.

https://medium.com/@ghalfacree/benchmark...e5afbcd54b
(2019-09-18, 06:27 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-18, 05:49 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Once again Smile
You do not need any connection in opencpn but the input TCP localhost 10110. Remove any one else.
You have to create the connection TCP localhost 20220 in SK.

Remember that Signal K is the heart of this, it is in charge of getting all data from everywhere. Opencpn only listen at TCP localhost 10110. In OpenPlotter 2 there is a useful tool in openplotter settings called "check system". There you will get important clues of what is wrong in your system (pypilot no implemented yet).

Hi Sailoog

I understand about opencpn, I have one connection in the opencpn connection tab which is localhost 10110

I have added a connection in signal k for 1. ttyUSB0 and 2. localhost 20220. 

The connection to 20220 is giving errors, "connect ECONREFUSED 127.0.0.1:20220

check system is not reporting any problems

"(pypilot no implemented yet)"  what does this mean? I understand that the autopilot function is not working but for IMU only it is, I can see the data the IMU is working and it is calibrated. 

is it set to refuse connections from signal k? I don't understand to enabling the IMU if the data is not accessible?

ops, shit. sorry, it is my fault.

TCP is not the connection you have to create in SK. You have to create UDP localhost port 52000 to get IMU data in SK.

TCP localhost 20220 will be the connection for autopiot and it will be NMEA 0183 (not working yet).

sorry again, too much in my head...
(2019-09-23, 04:08 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
You do not need any connection in opencpn but the input TCP localhost 10110. Remove any one else.

Remember that Signal K is the heart of this, it is in charge of getting all data from everywhere. Opencpn only listen at TCP localhost 10110. In OpenPlotter 2 there is a useful tool in openplotter settings called "check system". There you will get important clues of what is wrong in your system (pypilot no implemented yet).

Hi Sailoog

I understand about opencpn, I have one connection in the opencpn connection tab which is localhost 10110

"(pypilot no implemented yet)"  what does this mean? I understand that the autopilot function is not working but for IMU only it is, I can see the data the IMU is working and it is calibrated. 

is it set to refuse connections from signal k? I don't understand to enabling the IMU if the data is not accessible?

TCP is not the connection you have to create in SK. You have to create UDP localhost port 52000 to get IMU data in SK.

TCP localhost 20220 will be the connection for autopiot and it will be NMEA 0183 (not working yet).

I understand. Thank you for the clarification,

Unfortunately this is still not working.. Is there anything else I need to do? Here is what I added to SK connections tab. I am not getting any error but the connection is not listed on the dashboard and there is no data on my opencpn dashboard.

Attached Files Image(s)

Seeed has the 4GB again now and it said they are offering U.S free shipping.  https://www.seeedstudio.com/Raspberry-Pi...-4077.html
Darn. I wish I'd seen this before I got one from Amazon for $15 more.

Still, it was nice to get the adapters and heat sinks. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TVVJZQT

Hi Sailoog

Unfortunately this is still not working.. Is there anything else I need to do? Here is what I added to SK connections tab. I am not getting any error but the connection is not listed on the dashboard and there is no data on my opencpn dashboard.

Has this been confirmed to work?

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Sailog, I know you have a lot to do, but I wanted to tell you that if you change the language (from English to Italian) in Raspy4 with OP 2, everything works, (OpenCPN is translated into Italian, etc. etc.), but it is no longer possible to open OP configuration, it is necessary to return with Raspy in English. Keep in mind that there are many Italians who follow your project and I advise you, as soon as possible, to fix even this bug. Good work and good wind!  Idea Big Grin Tongue
(2019-09-26, 12:02 PM)Max1947 Wrote: Hi Sailog, I know you have a lot to do, but I wanted to tell you that if you change the language (from English to Italian) in Raspy4 with OP 2, everything works, (OpenCPN is translated into Italian, etc. etc.), but it is no longer possible to open OP configuration, it is necessary to return with Raspy in English. Keep in mind that there are many Italians who follow your project and I advise you, as soon as possible, to fix even this bug. Good work and good wind!  Idea Big Grin Tongue

Yes we know, thanks. This is the expected result because nothing is done yet in translations. We will start with translations when we get to the beta stage. We are close now.
(2019-09-25, 08:58 PM)rastam4n Wrote:

Hi Sailoog

Has this been confirmed to work?

OK I know what happens here. You are expecting NMEA 0183 data and what you are getting is signal k data.

Pypilot has 2 modes, "only IMU" and "autopilot".
In IMU mode we send signal k data for heading, trim and heel by UDP 52000.
In autopilot mode we send trim and heel by UDP 52000 in signal k format and heading in NMEA 0183 format by TCP 20220.

This will be explained in docs of course.