This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter YouTube Tutorial
Hey folks!

I did a YoutTube tutorial covering OpenPlotter-Settings with OpenCPN, Kplex, Serial and XYGrib in PART1/2
and I2C, pypilot, Signal K with BME280, MPU-9250 and VK-162 connected to OpenCPN in PART2/2.

Part 1 is online:

OpenPlotter 1/2

Part 2 will follow in one week. It is ready but I didn't want to publish both parts in the same week.

I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Sir Real
WOW! that is really cool! thanks for sharing

There are more than one way to do things in openplotter.You used serial-kplex-opencpn or serial-opencpn paths but I always prefer serial-signalk-opencpn because it seems to me the most stable and versatile. Once you have all data in signalk your possibilities multiply.
Thanks!

In the meantime I switched to Node-RED instead of Kplex or SignalK and I created my "own" NMEA0183 Multiplexer.

Will post this soon on Youtube...
Have a look at this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CGixMl18k

Bart