This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
New Py Zero 2 W is Out!
Hello Stelian, I will make a trial of this release ASAP.
Thanks for your work.
Eric
Hi Stelian,

I too will test the new release, but as a general heads up: the tinypilot from the previous release hasn't disconnected for over 10 days. It looks like you solved the connect at boot and the disconnect problems!

Thanks again!
-Hans

First test-results:

after the update (and reboot of the tinypilot) signalk crashed, so I couldn't see whether it reconnected. I've tested a few times more now, and the reconnect works still. The duration of the connection will take a little time.

-Hans
Thanks for the report. I assume the crash of signalk is not caused by pypilot ?
Maybe, but the crash was "no configuration data", and before that were no logs, since I forgot to give read-rights on the log directory I had assigned to signalk. I hope it wil log something in the future...

Mostly I couldn't see the dashboard anymore, so I couldn't see whether there were connections.
@Stelian: the rudder angle doesn't get passed on to signalk anymore.

As usual, if you need any data, please tell me.

-Hans
if you can reliably repeat the crash... pypilot shouldnt be able to crash signalk-node-server
(2023-04-01, 09:13 PM)stelian Wrote: @hans-martijn: what did you exactly test: my image or my image + the "unstable" tcz from the post above ?

(2023-04-16, 03:47 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: if you can reliably repeat  the crash...    pypilot shouldnt be able to crash signalk-node-server

@Stelian I am using your latest unstable tcz since this morning.

@Sean: let me try that in another week or so, today I changed my modem and my can-bus to less power hungry ones, so I had to reboot the pi a few times. I was getting low voltage warnings, which are now gone.

-Hans
(2023-04-16, 03:16 PM)hans-martijn Wrote: @Stelian: the rudder angle doesn't get passed on to signalk anymore.

As usual, if you need any data, please tell me.

-Hans

This is strange because I don't think there were any changes regarding the rudder or the data forward to signalk lately. Sean ?

Just to make things clear, "my" unstable tcz is exactly the contents of Sean's unstable branch + a couple of fixes for tinycore 13.

BTW: I have updated again the tcz with the latest changes from Sean: https://www.popies.net/pypilot/unstable/pypilot.tcz
@Stelian: I updated to the latest pypilot.tcz (as in the link in your latest post), and after the reboot everything was ok (it automatically connected), but still no rudder data. There is rudder data on the pypilot page, so I assume that is working.

-Hans

Hello Stelian, I am testing your last release. that's working but on my equipment with a worse behavior than the previous one for the Signal K connection. It's OK when starting Openplotter and Tinypilot together, but it doesn't succeed to reconnect after a reboot from one or the other equipment.