This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 beta image
so you are using a usb to ethernet converter on a pi zero?

Did you run "filetool.sh -b" after editing /opt/bootlocal.sh?

hmm, the zeroconf handling should work for all ip addresses... not sure why you had to set the same ip unless you didnt update the route table maybe? Can you ping the signalk server through ethernet with a different ip? You might have to call 'route ...' with various arguments as well.
Yes, I run filetoo.sh -b after editing. The modifications are well saved, as I can verify after restarting. My configuration is a Tinypilot bought in your store around three years ago updated to version 0.51. I use a usb to ethernet adapter that is working fine and recognized by the pi once I have run the two command described in my last post. All it's working fine in these conditions even when I stop the wifi. So I think that I must find where write these two commands to be efficient.
hmm, ok. I should get a usb ethernet adapter and try also, and hopefully support this configuration for people who do not want wifi.

Is this your reason? Some people think wifi signals are harmful. I think anything usb is less reliable...
Thank you Sean. Yes, I apologize, but I prefer avoid too much exposure to radiation and I have a steel boat, not the best situation to operate wifi.
I understand that it is not easy to solve this issue without an adapter. Don't waste your time on this question, I will try to get some advice on the Tinycore forum where I have found a part of the solution. If I am able to solve this issue, I will post the solution for those interested (not a lot, but surely some ones).
My best regards, Eric

P.S. I have succeed to get a good result, but I want to repeat all the operation to be sure of the good procedure.
Hi Erickalon,

I would be very interested in your results connecting a Rasperry Zero with eth0.
In order to establish a secure network connection with Tinypilot, I have purchased the Ethernet / USB HUB HAT from Waveshare for this purpose.
And obviously there is no driver (RTL8152B) for the HAT installed for Tinypilot. Maybe your solutions will help me too.

Putting the same Tinypilot SD-card in a raspi 3b ethernet works without problems...

With best regards
Michael
Hi Moeritsen,

I have posted the procedure on a dedicated thread that I have initiated some time ago:

Wired Ethernet connection between Tinypilot v. beta  0.51 and OpenPlotter

For electrical consumption, it's better to run a Raspberry Pi zero.
Hi Eric,

thank you very much for the detailed description. I will try it in the next days with my configuration.
And surely a Raspberry Zero will consume much less power.
On the other hand I’m preparing for sailing singlehanded. In this case the autopilot should work in the most reliable network condition as possible. Power consumption has a less priority then.
But if I can figure it out with your description I will have both. That’s cool

Cheers
Michael