This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New MacArthur HAT - Testers Wanted
Any idea when this will be available to purchase? I'm starting work on a plotter that I hope to use in next year's sailing season (i.e., around March 2024). Is it realistic for me to plan to use the MacArthur HAT or should I build a different system?
(2023-09-21, 10:16 PM)Tedd Wrote: Any idea when this will be available to purchase? I'm starting work on a plotter that I hope to use in next year's sailing season (i.e., around March 2024). Is it realistic for me to plan to use the MacArthur HAT or should I build a different system?

I am in the same position and would to like to use it too so have the same questions.
I am also very eager to try the MacArthur Hat.

My project would be integrating NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000, Bluetooth and wireless and possibly replacing cockpit displays.

If the full production run is unlikely to be ready this year, would you consider making a second testing batch available?
Maybe the project is stalled. The last nine requests for info have gone unanswered.
Hello, sorry for the silence, the project is alive and well but we are always busy as usual...

After the last round of testing we were ready for production but suddenly the new Raspberry 5 appeared. It is difficult to apply changes to the current MacArthur HAT v1.1 design without having a Raspberry 5 in hand, so we are considering publishing a first batch of MacArthur with a disclaimer about Raspberry 5.

More info soon.
(2023-10-08, 10:02 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Hello, sorry for the silence, the project is alive and well but we are always busy as usual...

After the last round of testing we were ready for production but suddenly the new Raspberry 5 appeared. It is difficult to apply changes to the current MacArthur HAT v1.1 design without having a Raspberry 5 in hand, so we are considering publishing a first batch of MacArthur with a disclaimer about Raspberry 5.

More info soon.

I for one would buy the HAT for a RPi 4 and wait until a year or so before upgrading to a RPi 5. 

Bring it on!
(2023-10-08, 03:42 PM)bob@bobpardoe.com Wrote:
(2023-10-08, 10:02 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Hello, sorry for the silence, the project is alive and well but we are always busy as usual...

More info soon.

I for one would buy the HAT for a RPi 4 and wait until a year or so before upgrading to a RPi 5. 

Bring it on!
Yess, same for me! For me it's perfectly fine to just use it for a year (or more if it still works of course).
Love this project btw.
I have the dAISy hat, would love to add this one on. I definitely understanding the current design is for Pi4.
MacArthur HAT Roadmap: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=4939
Ok here we go, sorry for the delay but some paperwork needed to be done.
  • MacArthut HAT v1.2 will be available for purchasing on Saturday, February 10, 2024, 17:00 UTC in OpenMarine (Catalonia) and Wegmatt (US) web-shops.
  • MacArthur HAT is $65/€62 and Power module is $16/€15. They come with everything you need to connect to your Raspberry Pi 4/5 (GPIO header extender, standoffs, nuts, screws and screw terminals).
  • OpenMarine web-shop orders may still take some days to ship.
  • If you were a beta-tester, do not buy in web-shops, simply contact us by email to get the MacArthur HAT for $32.5/€31.
  • There is another batch on the way so do not worry if you are late for this one.

Good luck and thanks for your support.