This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MacArthur HAT production
Star 
After the last round of testing we were ready for production but suddenly the new Raspberry 5 appeared. The current MacArthur HAT v1.1 has been extensively tested on Raspberry 4 and only minor mechanical changes need to be made to make it work on Raspberry 5 as well.

Some units of MacArthur HAT v1.2 are on the way for active testers only and in parallel we are also requesting quotes for the first large batch for the general public. This last iteration contains the fixes after the last round and some changes to the MAIANA AIS RJ45 socket to avoid issues with Raspberry 5 where the USB and RJ45 sockets have returned to their original positions on Raspberry 3.

We will try to keep this thread updated until the MacArthur HAT is finally in production.
Yay, this is awesome... Love mine and while I haven't had much feedback to provide, since it really just works for me use cases, definitely looking forward to a production version.
Hi, any update on when I can purchase the MacArthur Hat?
Hello, is it posible to be included as a tester? I am about to install OpenSea and couple it with engine monitoring and I have NMEA2000 and Seatalk systems onboard. I would really like to use the MacArthur hat with the setup.
Thank you
There is no date to buy yet.

No more rounds of testing. We will move to production after current testers confirm the fixes.
Can't wait for this. It is going to be fantastic. Desperately hanging on and trying not to go down an alternative path Smile
(2023-11-15, 10:52 AM)Sailoog Wrote: There is no date to buy yet.

No more rounds of testing. We will move to production after current testers confirm the fixes.

Looking forward to some availability.  I am guessing that availability will be announced via this thread?
As others have mentioned I would be happy to purchase an RPi4-only version particularly given that RPi5 remains available in limited numbers. For the next couple of years the RPi4 will be the preferred platform.
(2023-11-29, 11:48 PM)dtayls Wrote: As others have mentioned I would be happy to purchase an RPi4-only version particularly given that RPi5 remains available in limited numbers. For the next couple of years the RPi4 will be the preferred platform.

Good point.
So, me too, I'm interested in buying the pi4 hat version.
Yes, we will announce the availability on this thread.

The current MacArthur HAT v1.2 already works for RPi4 and RPi5.

MacArthur HAT v1.2 will go to production in the next few days.