This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable/disable Software TX Switch in MAIANA from SignalK?
Yes, very weird. Let me think about the next move, I guess the problem has to be with openplotter-notifications-read. I would recommend you try a fresh install, but I really want to know what's going on.
Well, I tried reinstalling (and a bnit more) following these steps:

1) Delete everything in Send, Zones and Actions tabs
2) Uninstall Notifications 3.10
3) Reboot Rpi
4) Install Notifications 3.1.0
5) Run the previous tests.

As a result, nothing changes. I can trigger notifications from command line, but not from the GUI. Well, when I trigger them from the GUI no windows is shown, and no action is activated.

HOWEVER, when I add/modify an action, on the terminal running openplotter-notifications i get this:

Code:
pi@openplotter-home:~ $ openplotter-notifications

(openplotter-notifications:3581): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 14:24:19.002: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar
No module named 'openplotterSdrVhf'
No module named 'openplotterAvnav.actions'
No module named 'openplotterIob'
No module named 'openplotterGpio'
No module named 'openplotterI2c.actions'
No module named 'openplotterPypilot.actions'
No module named 'openplotterNetwork.actions'
No module named 'openplotterCan'
No module named 'openplotterSerial.actions'
No module named 'openplotterDashboards.actions'
No module named 'openplotterOpencpnInstaller.actions'
No module named 'openplotterSignalkInstaller.actions'

(openplotter-notifications:3581): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:16:57.692: Negative content height -9 (allocation 1, extents 5x5) while allocating gadget (node button, owner GtkButton)

An the terminal running openplotter-notifications-read, just shows "Terminated" and the process is shutdown.

Not sure if this will help!
That is the expected behavior because openplotter-notifications restarts openplotter-notifications-read.

I was talking about reinstalling the whole system but I would prefer to keep investigating Smile

Do you mean that if you trigger notifications from the command line you can see the "visual" window? that would help

Try running this in a terminal:

set-notification -v -s notifications.test alert "testing"

do you see the window or hear the sound?
If I run:

Code:
openplotter-notifications-visual "notifications.test" "normal" "testing" "timestamp"

Yes, I see the visual notification (and it appears in SignalK data browser).

If I run 

Code:
set-notification -v -s notifications.test alert "testing"

There is NO visual notification, but it is still shown in SignalK data browser.

Note that in every scenario, the "Stop" button from the Notifications GUI does work, setting the notification to "null" in SignalK's data browser.
Everything is working as expected but the openplotter-notifications-read script doesn't. This script is in charge of reading the notifications from the SK server and trigger actions and visual/sound warnings. The strange thing is that it is not returning any error in terminal. I will try to add some flags to a beta openplotter-notifications app for you in order to get more info and debug your system. Thanks.