This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd monitor on HDMI 2
I have just upgraded to OP3 & I'm having trouble with the 2nd display which is at the helm & uses a different power supply than my Pi4 at the Nav station.

When using OP2 the Screen Configuration settings would be saved & when I turned on the helm monitor, HDMI 2, all would be fine & I could see my Pi.

Now, with OP3, when I turn the HDMI 2 off all my screen configuration settings are lost and when I switch the helm monitor on again I need to reboot the Pi4 & then have to configure the 2nd monitor each time I need the second monitor at the helm.

I'm guessing there is something I can do in the boot/config.txt but I'm not sure what.

I usually have KIP or Instrument Panel on the monitor at the helm.

Any ideas please anyone!!
If you Add this to end of /boot/config.txt it works

#fix for rpi 4 models with dual hdmi
hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1
hdmi_force_hotplug:1=1
hdmi_drive=2