This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assign SK path
How do I assign a Signal K Path to a GPIO Input pin????

I want SK to know when the GPIO pin turns HIGH for use in Node Red

I'm struggling with the GPIO app with no Docs.

Pi4 64, Latest OP3 & SK

TIA
Are we getting some docs for GPIO soon please??
I've done this, but not at home to look at my setup. This does not look like the panel I remember, though, but a notification panel. In GPIO, I use mine to read a PWM and send it into a SK delta with no issues. I seem to remember I had to click off the original window to find that section...
I would like to be able to do this as well. I'm trying to get a path in SignalK for a GPIO input
There are no documents on how to do this or how the notifications work, any ideas when this might happen?
Sorry, I forgot to look at this, but as far as I understand it, you assign the needed pin to a SignalK sentence and the GPIO app connects via a socket in SK (which you'll have to approve in "Security/Access Requests"). That's about it. Not much to it. I'm using mine via PWM to read the rpms of a fan I have attached to my Pi.

If you are just using Node-Red, I believe you don't need the GPIO app. Just install the pallet "node-red-node-pi-gpiod", which will give Node-Red direct access to the GPIO pins.
(2023-11-11, 12:00 AM)SCarns Wrote: Sorry, I forgot to look at this, but as far as I understand it, you assign the needed pin to a SignalK sentence and the GPIO app connects via a socket in SK (which you'll have to approve in "Security/Access Requests"). That's about it. Not much to it. I'm using mine via PWM to read the rpms of a fan I have attached to my Pi.

If you are just using Node-Red, I believe you don't need the GPIO app. Just install the pallet "node-red-node-pi-gpiod", which will give Node-Red direct access to the GPIO pins.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.