This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three blind mice (maybe solved)
I am having some issue with “touch screen, mice pointer, and VNC" the sometimes seeing mouse.  My issue may be compounded by the fact I am using a DSI (pi ribbon cable) and a HDMI on port 2. The issue is;  if I interact with the mouse, the touch screen can have issues, I thought I locked the input of the DSI to its output but(?).

Some of the hardware
The DSI is a wave share 3.4" round screen with (5 point touch? not sure on the 5 point)  (seams only one point works within open plotter)    
the HDMI is just a std. HDMI screen
I am using an Ipad to vnc to (both screens, which are not on top of each other, but do show up and seam to work well on VNC)

Some notes:
If the background changes to the HDMI's background (the mice start to become blind) and the touch starts to redefined its center. no longer on the 800x800.
I am using "gnome pie" for menus = works with the round.
I have found and locked #10 to the DSI but I am not sure if there are other operations within VNC - and or the connection through or with X windows ?

a side effect or not:
opencpn will not release the opengl acceleration. (ether by tick box or through the council) ?

SO I guess my question is; is there a place for me to search for PI (Bullseye) and x windows interactions with multi screens? noting the DSI being one of them

Sorry to have to ask, but I have not found an answer for why this may be happening, and it seams sometimes random.

--------------------- Edited----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Items found:

1.) the misbehaving mouse was due to the capture (mouse/ touch screen and not capturing all touch processes/ combined with the primary screen selection)
see more information at attached link
help on binding touch

2.) still having some issues with openCPN   = reinstalled with 2nd monitor as primary, so far seams to have fixed it (maybe).

3.) in case the reader does not know, the current Pi OS's in open plotter > offers only one desktop work space.
(so the work area is spread across all screens "Please note; possible binding issuses if the screen configuration is stacked")