This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 (based on Debian Bookworm)
(2023-10-13, 11:58 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Has anyone been able to get VNC working on Raspberry OS Bookworm?

I always get: "Unable to connect to VNC Server using your chosen security setting. Either upgrade VNC Server to a more recent version from RealVNC, or select a weaker level of encryption."

Yes I have it working although like you I struggled for ages to make it so. I got the same message as you. If I connected a mouse/keyboard I could see that the normal RealVNC icon was missing from the top taskbar.

This is what I did:

Downloaded the 64 bit Bookworm image for the pi
Using Raspberry imager I created an SD card, enabling SSH, Wifi credentials etc
Put the card in and booted
SSH in
did a sudo raspi-config
Display Options>VNC resolution I set to 1920x1080
In advanced options>A6 Wayland I selected X11, ok, Finish
A reboot was called for so I did that

On reboot I SSH in, went into raspi-config again and in the Interfaces section I enabled VNC

After that I could VNC in without a problem and the RealVNC icon was on the top taskbar as expected.

I could probably have enabled VNC the first time in raspi-config but I didn't try that. I suspect the key is the Wayland/X11 option.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenPlotter 4 (based on Debian Bookworm) - by baltika_no_9 - 2023-10-13, 04:31 PM