This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K Server UI
Hello,

I've been using Openplotter 2 with a Moitessier Hat 1 on a Pi 3b+ for a few years and been very happy with it.

I recently upgraded to a Pi 4, 8gb ram with a 42gb micro sd and installed Openplotter 3. I "hacked" the Moitessier hat as per the relevant Openmarine page but could only get the Hat to work for a few seconds on each boot. I've decided not to continue with the Moitessier Hat as the hack involves loss of Bluetooth which I use for a keyboard. I'm getting another IMU.

Anyway, while trying to work out what was going on with the Hat, I looked in Signal K.

Does anyone else find the user interface for Signal K in the chromium browser very laggy? The Openplotter interface is without any lag, but trying to do anything from scrolling to data entry in the signal K server app in the chromium browser means waiting between keypresses for the information to show.

I tried updating Signal K from 2.10 to 2.30 but that resulted in being refused by the localhost on port 3000. A failed upgrade.

I made a fresh Openplotter 3 image and without any equipment added and no updating checked out the Signal K UI in the chromium browser. Laggy.

I have searched online and found no mention of this.

Is there something I need to do to improve the reaction time for the signal K interface or is this normal?

I even tried on another RPi4 to see if it was the unit I have - same result on a different machine.

Hoping to hear either "Yes its really slow" or "You need to do this!" (with instructions)!

I sail a Maxi 95 - had it since 1988 and find it a pleasure to sail. I used to have a small Digital Yacht chartplotter using Cmap and a Raymarine S1 wheelpilot. Openplotter and Pypilot (on a Tinypilot) are so much better! Thanks to all those who put such hard work into making this a success.
(2023-10-21, 07:49 PM)DaveC Wrote: Hello,

I've been using Openplotter 2 with a Moitessier Hat 1 on a Pi 3b+ for a few years and been very happy with it.

I recently upgraded to a Pi 4, 8gb ram with a 42gb micro sd and installed Openplotter 3. I "hacked" the Moitessier hat as per the relevant Openmarine page but could only get the Hat to work for a few seconds on each boot. I've decided not to continue with the Moitessier Hat as the hack involves loss of Bluetooth which I use for a keyboard. I'm getting another IMU.

Anyway, while trying to work out what was going on with the Hat, I looked in Signal K.

Does anyone else find the user interface for Signal K in the chromium browser very laggy? The Openplotter interface is without any lag, but trying to do anything from scrolling to data entry in the signal K server app in the chromium browser means waiting between keypresses for the information to show.

I tried updating Signal K from 2.10 to 2.30 but that resulted in being refused by the localhost on port 3000. A failed upgrade.

I made a fresh Openplotter 3 image and without any equipment added and no updating checked out the Signal K UI in the chromium browser. Laggy.

I have searched online and found no mention of this.

Is there something I need to do to improve the reaction time for the signal K interface or is this normal?

I even tried on another RPi4 to see if it was the unit I have - same result on a different machine.

Hoping to hear either "Yes its really slow" or "You need to do this!" (with instructions)!

I sail a Maxi 95 - had it since 1988 and find it a pleasure to sail. I used to have a small Digital Yacht chartplotter using Cmap and a Raymarine S1 wheelpilot. Openplotter and Pypilot (on a Tinypilot) are so much better! Thanks to all those who put such hard work into making this a success.

Problem solved!

I was using the Chromium browser.

I installed Firefox. Firefox has no lag in comparrison to the Chromium browser.

DaveC.