This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
Good evening
where can I find OpenPlotter v4 to download for PI5?
Tks
(2024-01-14, 10:58 AM)Sailoog Wrote: You have very strange issues not reported by any user in your same scenario. I would change the SD or consider hardware or power problems. If you get an stable system and any of your issues is still there please try to report again.

I'm just wondering if it is power related.

Is the PI 5 slightly more hungry then the 4? As im using the same PSU i did on the 4 with the 5 and now seeing these issues.

Swapped to a 5v 3A PSU and the issue seems to be resolved. This wont be an issue on the boat as I have a juicy 12v to 5v step down, but it seems to be fine now.

Sorry,

Is I2C working yet or is this something that you are still working with? I assume we cannot use I2C sensors at this stage?

Thank you!
Go to the first post in this thread. He is updating it as progress is made. I2C has not been started yet.

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5060
[url=https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5060][/url]
(2024-01-14, 11:36 PM)Opie91 Wrote: Go to the first post in this thread. He is updating it as progress is made. I2C has not been started yet.

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.ph

Thanks, Idid it and it run very fast

Another question please, how do I update Openplotter with new features? 
I see Network is also missing, or have I not found it?
Some things work a little differently in the new OS, Network isn't there yet i dont think. If you keep checking post 1 and then update your settings app by clicking update candidates, the software/apps will appear. If its something major and it can't be updated then its likely to be another post with instructions or an updated image.
Added this to the first post:

Withdrawn applications

1. OpenPlotter Network app: In Raspberry OS Bookworm you can now create access points, VPNs, and more, easily using the built in network manager. It makes no sense to keep this application since it was very intrusive and its main function can now be performed by the host system perfectly (Raspberry OS, Debian, Ubuntu...). Just right click the Wifi icon and see the options. Some extra tools of this app have been migrated to OpenPlotter Settings app. The OpenPlotter 4 Headless image comes with an access point pre-configured.
(2024-01-15, 03:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Added this to the first post:

Withdrawn applications

1. OpenPlotter Network app: In Raspberry OS Bookworm you can now create access points, VPNs, and more, easily using the built in network manager. It makes no sense to keep this application since it was very intrusive and its main function can now be performed by the host system perfectly (Raspberry OS, Debian, Ubuntu...). Just right click the Wifi icon and see the options. Some extra tools of this app have been migrated to OpenPlotter Settings app. The OpenPlotter 4 Headless image comes with an access point pre-configured.

+1 on this

The new network manager in Bookworm is very cool and intuitive
(2024-01-15, 03:52 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Added this to the first post:

Withdrawn applications

Just having a first play with OP4 on a Pi3, going pretty good so far but ...
2023-12-29-OpenPlotter-v4-Headless-beta-64bit-img.zip -  Headless boots up with an openplotter network PWD 12345678 OK but on mine the Pi gets an IP address of 10.42.0.1, not 10.10.10.1 which is probably an easy fix but could be confusing headless the first time. 
What about the "create network & log on as client" option just using the internal wifi chip? I'm OK with a monitor now but headless it was convenient  to vnc & change the network to log on to the mobile phone network for updates needing internet access. Can't see how to do that now..
(2024-01-16, 04:06 PM)PaddyB Wrote: Just having a first play with OP4 on a Pi3, going pretty good so far but ...
2023-12-29-OpenPlotter-v4-Headless-beta-64bit-img.zip -  Headless boots up with an openplotter network PWD 12345678 OK but on mine the Pi gets an IP address of 10.42.0.1, not 10.10.10.1 which is probably an easy fix but could be confusing headless the first time. 
What about the "create network & log on as client" option just using the internal wifi chip? I'm OK with a monitor now but headless it was convenient  to vnc & change the network to log on to the mobile phone network for updates needing internet access. Can't see how to do that now..

Yes, 10.42.0.1 is the default IP added by network manager in this OS. I do not think we should change this because every OS will add a different IP and we should not assume it is always 10.10.10.1 nor 10.42.0.1. It is always better use http://openplotter.local to connect instead of any IP.
openplotter-maiana updated to v4 and improved.

I was waiting for some major update to this app to apply some improvements optimizing CPU perfomance. Now you will see that a new connection "maianaCommand" is created in signal K server when this app is installed. We use this connection exclusively to send commands to the MAIANA device through the SK server so as not to have to momentarily "steal" the serial connection.

Report any issue please.