This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
The danish Translation  for INA260  ,  is wrong   for "Curent"  and "Power"  
"Ampere" should be  Strøm 
"Curent"   should be  Effekt
Sailing in a LM23  23" motor sailor i Danmark  .  Mostly In Koege bay  .
Harbored  in SF-Syd  , Copenhagen .
Marine Enginer  ,   Pt. working on power plant 
The translations at the moment are inherited from version 3. We have not yet started translating version 4. Before moving to the stable stage we will announce here that it can now begin to be translated.
Using Settings 4.0.64 on Rpi5 image; 2023-12-29-OpenPlotter-v4-Starting-beta-64bit
I tried to get SignalK to find the update to 2.6 but it failed, like: "waiting for app data upload.."
Then I tried to reinstall Signal k server using Settings. It seemed to hang so I force closed it after 15 minutes.
Next test was to uninstall SignalK and install it from Settings.
He traveled down to the steps "stop SK-server" but obviously didn't found anything to stop - OK. Then nothing seemed to happen but after 15 minutes something was fetched.
Now he's been "working" for about 2.5 hours and occasionally some fetch rows are printed, like:
"npm http fetch GET 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/socket.io.parser 460795ms (cache stale)"
Still bottom info message: "Running post-installation scripts. please wait..."
The "Settings" app is like hanged and not responsible for e.g. scroll events.

Is this extremely slow process due to "Settings" or "npm" or ??
Thanks/Håkan
I have just reinstalled signal k server using openplotter-signalk-installer in OP4 beta and everything works as expected. Not sure how to debug your issue, sometimes there are issues installing packages when your system time is not correct, could be this your case? any problem installing other apps?
System time is my local UTC +1.
To test I used Settings to install CanBus:
Not either so quick but done after: "added 3 packages in 20m"
Installed Thonny in 10 seconds.
btw: network speed = 192/214 Mbit/s
Installed Can bus from openplotter settings: "added 3 packages, and audited 4 packages in 2s"

Corrupted SD? full SD? Internet hiccups in your area? bad connection? just brainstorming...
Hello,
Not sure if it's OP issue, 
I've got the AP configuration, and works fine and can share internet. Can connect with my phone and other devices  that are 2.4 only.
Although I've selected authe method as WPA/WPA2 Personal The AP is advertised as the WSP WPA network. 

SensESP can detect the network, but fails to connect, returning a connection status of 1 (WL_NO_SSID_AVAIL). However, it works fine and can connect to that AP when I remove authentication from the access point and make it open. Therefore, I assume the issue lies with the inability of SensESP to authenticate using WPA. I couldn't find a way to forse WPA2 authentication on OP access point. Is there any config changes that I can do to force the auth protocol.
(2024-03-06, 06:28 PM)amolotkov Wrote: Hello,
I've got the AP configuration, and works fine …

Had the same issue as you. There is something strange I think with the WiFi driver. On the ESP point, I just removed everything and recreated it and it started to work for me. My devices are also reporting the same you, weak security.

if you use an external usb WiFi adapter mine works every time. 

Try deleting the config in the manger, reboot, recreate the ap, reboot and then bring it up and it should work.
I've got the AP configuration, and works fine and can share internet. 

Are you using just the internal wifi adaptor as station & access point? That's ncan be a bit flakey, if so try just as an access point, I have ESPs running micropython which won't connect if the Pi is creating both an access point and connecting to a network.
(2024-03-06, 07:49 PM)PaddyB Wrote:
I've got the AP configuration, and works fine and can share internet. 

Are you using just the internal wifi adaptor as station & access point? That's ncan be a bit flakey, if so try just as an access point, I have ESPs running micropython which won't connect if the Pi is creating both an access point and connecting to a network.

I've tried both way, AP only and AP and station mode