This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faulty board or misconfiguration?
I am sure you will find out what is going on. More ideas...

- Unplug the slave Axiom and keep only the master one.

- Inverse CAN-L and CAN-H connectors in the HAT.

- Disconnect both Axioms and connect a less complex NMEA 2000 device to confirm that the network is fine and the HAT is getting data.
Well i discovered what was wrong!

If I set the port axiom as datamaster (no matter which of the units I use), everything works as expected. A new device called "canbusjs SignalK" appears on the network, data is received, and so on. By data i mean everything on the Seatalk1 network, Maiana GPS and AIS, NMEA0183, and everything generated from plugins as Derived Data, and so on.

However if I set the starboard axiom as datamaster(which should be the one acting as master, because is the one connected to the RealVision sounder, and also it's the one next to the throtle anb bow thruster control), canbusjs is not detected.

I'm quite sure there's a problem in the nmea network. Either the T connector or the wire on the starboard side is fucked up. They will replace the wire and connector and I will try again.
Yeah, congrats.