This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faulty board or misconfiguration?
but data is clearly coming to your system according to candumpjs. Do you have wind sensors connected to your NMEA 2000 network? this is not a hardware problem. Why you have node v20?
Yes, you're right that according to candumpjs data is coming to my system, but is not coming into SignalK.

The only input that should be coming from N2K is depth. Everything else is coming though Seatalk1 (and is displayed in SignalK data browser).

In the signalk-to-nmea2000 plugin, i setup to output AIS, Speed and Wind, none of them are being sent to the axioms. Actually, the SignalK's dashboard shows a clearly idle "can0" connection.

I have no clue why I had node v20 (probably some unintentional update on my side), but I downgraded to v18 just in case.

The worst part now is that I cannot find any error in SignalK's server log to diagnose :S
I don't think this is useful, but just in case, here's the "Check settings" output:

Code:
Checking touchscreen optimization... | enabled
Checking virtual keyboard... | keyboard-EN.xml
Checking backlight... | disabled
Checking Power off management... | enabled
Checking Shutdown management... | enabled
Checking OpenPlotter autostart... | enabled
Checking rescue mode... | disabled
Checking debugging mode... | disabled
Checking system log file size... | System log file size: 29.14 MB
Checking OpenPlotter packages source... | added
Checking Notifications... | running | Access to Signal K server validated
Checking MAIANA transponder... | running | MAIANA device: /dev/ttyOP_maiana | device settings OK | device settings OK | device settings OK | device settings OK | Access to Signal K server validated
↳check device settings
Checking GPIO... | pigpiod running | openplotter-gpio-read running | Seatalk1 disabled | 1W enabled | pulses disabled | digital disabled | Access to Signal K server validated
Checking I2C sensors... | openplotter-i2c-read running | I2C enabled | Access to Signal K server validated
Checking Network... | NTP server running | correct access point password
Checking CAN devices... | can0
Checking serial connections alias... | All your serial connections have an assigned alias
Checking Dashboards... | Telegraf running | Kip enabled | Node-Red enabled
↳Grafana is not running
Influxdb is not running
Checking OpenCPN... | running |  | FP autostart disabled | FP touchscreen enabled
Checking Signal K server... | running
Checking serial connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking network connections conflicts... | no conflicts
Checking GPIO conflicts... | no conflicts
CHECK SYSTEM FINISHED
Well, now it is not clear to me that data is reaching your system. I am afraid we will have to go back and focus on the input, then try the output. My theory is that your axioms are blocking your network. Please do this:

- Unplug both axioms from the CAN bus. Keep only the sounder.
- Disable the signalk-to-nmea2000 plugin. We are only interested on getting depth in SK from your NMEA 2000 network.
- Try candump from openplotter and candumpjs from terminal.

Do you get traffic?
Status of the LEDs?
SK data?
CAN terminator position in MacArthur HAT? any change if you change position?
The sounder (https://www.raymarine.com/es-es/nuestros...rie-rv-200) is connected directly to the master axiom, not to the N2K network directly. So I'm afraid if I disconnect the axioms, i lose depth too :/

Also, I think the master Axiom is working as terminator. If I unplug them, i think the network won't work.

The CAN terminator is in open position, since I already have a terminator on that end of the network.

In any case, I will make all of these tests and report back.

BTW, the original installer will also come to the boat in a couple of days to check the installation again.
OK. Questions to be answered...

Is the Slave Axiom getting depth?
Is the Master Axiom sending depth data to the CAN bus? in NMEA 2000 format?
Do you have only 1 terminator in your CAN bus?
Is the internal terminator in the Master Axiom enabled?
Is the internal terminator in the Slave Axiom disabled?
Do these Axiom devices have settings to control CAN bus traffic?

Download the latest version of the MacArthur HAT docs (updated few days ago) to find some tips to debug NMEA 2000 networks.
The guy who did the installation just sent me this diagram, so I was wrong about the termiator on the axiom side:

What's missing on the diagram is that of the 3 BL connections, 1 is empty, the other is connected to the battery, and the other connected to a SeatlkNG to Standard 5 pin connection, and from that wire, the blue and white are connected to the CAN connector on MAcArthur, and the red connected to the 12V SW connector.

Apart from that:

Is the Slave Axiom getting depth?
Yes

Is the Master Axiom sending depth data to the CAN bus? in NMEA 2000 format?
AFAIK, yes, but i'm not sure how to check that

Do you have only 1 terminator in your CAN bus?
No, one one each side

Is the internal terminator in the Master Axiom enabled?
Is the internal terminator in the Slave Axiom disabled?
As shown in the diagram, it seems I misunderstood this part, and they are not acting as terminators.

Do these Axiom devices have settings to control CAN bus traffic?
Yes, they have a diagnostic page which can show which devices are in the network (globally), and also for each kind of data, which device should act as master

Download the latest version of the MacArthur HAT docs (updated few days ago) to find some tips to debug NMEA 2000 networks.
Will do, thanks!

Just read the new NMEA2000 section of the new docs. Tomorrow I'll go to the boat to measure the resistances, and see what's going on.

However, I still don't understand why both candump and candumpjs display a stream of data (or of something, i cannot read hexadecimal Big Grin )
So I just masured the resistance between CAN-H and CAN-L and is 60ohm, so i get the terminators are correct.

Next, i disabled signalk-to-nmea plugin, to see if there's still incoming traffic. candump shows nothing. Also leds stoped blinking.
I really don't know what else to do, i will wait until tomorrow so the guys that made the axioms installation take a look.
Many chances are that the nmea2000 network is not properly wired on the axioms.
I was wondering.. is any SignalK plugin (or external app) able to display all devices connected to the N2K network?