This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk 1 in SignalK using MacArthur HAT on pi 4B
I just got my raspi 4B and tried to install everything on the boat last weekend. I first tried to set everything up together, everything worked except for the Seatalk input, I got the LED blinking on the HAT, but no input in SignalK after setup with GPIO app. I then tried to work with just the Seatalk on the hat, but it still didn't show incoming data except from the LED. Is there something I am missing or did anyone have the same problem? I managed to get the NMEA 2000 data, but no Seatalk.
What version of OpenPlotter are you running?
I am running openplotter V3, since I wanted to be able to use seatalk1 and as far as I read this was not (yet) possible in V4.
(2024-04-02, 09:04 PM)Lucas23 Wrote: I am running openplotter V3, since I wanted to be able to use seatalk1 and as far as I read this was not (yet) possible in V4.

Hmm, yes that should work.

Is the Signal K LED normally off and blink on, normally on blinking off when data is received, or always on and just changing in brightness?
(2024-04-03, 12:12 AM)Adrian Wrote:
(2024-04-02, 09:04 PM)Lucas23 Wrote: I am running openplotter V3, since I wanted to be able to use seatalk1 and as far as I read this was not (yet) possible in V4.

Hmm, yes that should work.

Is the Signal K LED normally off and blink on, normally on blinking off when data is received, or always on and just changing in brightness?

I assume you meant the Seatalk1 LED, since I don't know of a Signal K LED. The LED was normally on and blinking off when data was received, I am not on the boat right now, but it looked like this was the case.