This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gpio Seatalk
Hi everyone.

I have had a problem reading Seatalk for months. Ramdomly (once every two raspi starts) Signal k could not display seatalk deltas. Could not find problems with hardware or software.

I have discovered that restarting pigpiod solves the problem (sudo systemctl restart pigpiod).

Any suggestions to solve the problem definitely?
Well it won't fix the root cause but perhaps you could issue the restart command on each reboot? If you added this to crontab:

Code:
@reboot sleep 300 && sudo systemctl restart pigpiod

At each reboot the service will restart after the number of seconds you've specified (300 or 5 minutes in the example). I'll agree it isn't ideal, much better to get to the bottom of the problem, but it may work for you.

Are there any message in the system logs?