OpenMarine

Full Version: Opencpn not open in Openplotter 0.8.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
  • I download Openplotter 0.8.0 RPI and check the SHA-1
  • I extract zip image and burn in SDcard 8Gb, whit command dd
  • In RP2 boot is normal, OpenPloter work, but Opencpn not work !!
- Im terminal when run Opencpn appear msg " Illegal instruction " in window mode not show msg.

- used other sd card (16Gb) and the problem continued

- someone help?

Tanks
Edson
(2016-11-05, 07:36 PM)Wailemann Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
  • I download Openplotter 0.8.0 RPI and check the SHA-1
  • I extract zip image and burn in SDcard 8Gb, whit command dd
  • In RP2 boot is normal, OpenPloter work, but Opencpn not work !!
- Im terminal when run Opencpn appear msg " Illegal instruction " in window mode not show msg.

- used other sd card (16Gb) and the problem continued

- someone help?

Tanks
Edson

I'm afraid you are running a RP 1 instead of RP 2. Opencpn and signal k don't work on RP 1 and zero.
Unfortunately it seems to be using an RP model 1 B +
Tanks
Hello!

I have the same issue than Wailemann encountered. I installed the OpenPlotter RPI v0.8.0 image on a RPi2 Model B. OpenPlotter works, but OpenCPN does not open. I also get the "Illegal instruction" when trying to run OpenCPN from the ~/.opencpn directory in terminal. Any suggestions on how to get OpenCPN to run? Thank you.

Mike

PS, I might add that the same SD card plugged into my RPi3 does allow me to run OpenCPN.
Turns out there are two versions of CPU in the RasPi-2. My guess is the version of opencpn in openplotter relies on the more recent version. Transpires mine is an old version so I can't run OpenCPN on version 0.8 of openplotter either.

Nevertheless, I've got version 0.8 going to the extent that kplex broadcasts the gps output from my Garmin 3 plus to my android tablet running OpenCPN.

Guess I could build a version of opencpn that ran on the legacy version of my Pi but it probably makes sense to get a more recent one.

Peter
I get exactly the same problem with my Pi Zero and I therefore think the Pi Zero W will also have the same issue. This is a real shame because I wanted the extra low power consumption of the Pi Zero so i could leave it turned on and not worry about power.
Why dont you just synch with github and compile on target machine?
I attache instructions which I used for your convenience.
Maybe we need to compile the OpenCPN for the ARM processor? This link may be of help. I need to get a Pi3 with internet connection to do it, download the stuff, transfer the SDHC to my Pi Zero and compile it.

http://andersonsabroad.com/blog/raspberr...-software/
openplotter is not supported by raspberry 1 and zero because 2 of the most important tools are not compiled for their micros, opencpn and signal k. If you want to run opencpn and signal k on raspberry 1 and zero you have to compile the sources. OpenCPN on raspberry 1 and zero are close to unusable because performance.