OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2024-03-08, 08:27 PM)aitonos Wrote: [ -> ]HI!

I just bought a Pi5 8GB, installed it the OP4 Beta Starting and I could manage to have GPS from USB Gps. All fine
Now I have tried to use the Moitessier hat2, which I have running every day in my PI4 but  it doesn't work connected to PI5: it doesn't light the lights and in Signal K says there's no incoming activity.

Just as a reminder; I do all the steps in the docs for hacking the moitessier hat:
  • In serial settings,  I activate the UART0, get the message that I  will lose BT connection ( BUt I still have it, maybe this is aclue) I restart  PI and then, I get 2 connected devices: TTYAMA0 and TTYAMA10. (but nothing else is connected at the time) (??)
  • In the serial devices tab, I create an alias  for  TTYAMA0, as  nmea0183 data, 
  • Then apply, 
  • then in Connections tab, I make a connection of that device to Signal K with the right bauds 921600,  
  • Signal K restarts and in the SK dashboard I can see that the connection has been created, wih no activity and  and connection and plugin status  is green and connected
  • All correct as per instructions, I already did it for OP3 in my PI4!

The problem is that in the PI5, there is no activity at all and no lights in the pcb of the hat ( in PI4 the lights are on as soon as the PI starts). I installed it back to the PI4 and it is working as usual, si the HAT is fine.

What am I missing?

Has anybody used the Moitessier HAt in the PI5? Or should I leave it for impossible for now until OP4 is released?

Thanks!!!

You should not get the message about Bluetooth if the Raspberry is detected as model 5.

what power supply are you using in your RPi5?

are you indoor when testing RPi5? try to go to the boat, outdoor or close to a window.
Quick question, what is the difference between the Starting and the Touchscreen images for Openplotter 4? I installed the starting version a few months back and have been getting that set up for the way I want it, but then I got a new touchscreen and I would like to make sure it's fully supported. Is there a set of packages or settings for the touchscreen version that aren't on the other version?

Thanks.
Great work to all awesome contributors!

I'm not as much of a tech wizard as I am eager to install OpenPlotter on my RPI 5. Is it reasonable to hope for a stable version before summer or should I aim for a RPI 4 installation?

/W
Just moved over to OP4 on a RPI4. All went well & quite easy using the signalk backup but setting up the Pi as a hotspot, with 3 Opencpncs running & connected to rpi hotspot, RPI, laptop & android > the android & laptop will send waypoints to each other using send to peer but not opencpn on the Pi - sending from the Pi it says http response = -1. Other devices won't see the Pi after a scan.
anyone else having same issues?
Asked on cruisersforum & bumped the post but no response from there.
Thnx
(2024-03-13, 10:01 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]Just moved over to OP4 on a RPI4. All went well & quite easy using the signalk backup but setting up the Pi as a hotspot, with 3 Opencpncs running & connected to rpi hotspot, RPI, laptop & android > the android & laptop will send waypoints to each other using send to peer but not opencpn on the Pi - sending from the Pi it says http response = -1. Other devices won't see the Pi after a scan.
anyone else having same issues?
Asked on cruisersforum & bumped the post but no response from there.
Thnx

Not sure if it’s related, but I had problems with the WiFi dropping on an RPi5 with OP4. I’ve since hard wired it and that’s no longer a problem. 

Also, have you set up a firewall anywhere?  That could cause connection issues.
(2024-03-14, 09:25 AM)rogerl Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it’s related, but I had problems with the WiFi dropping on an RPi5 with OP4. I’ve since hard wired it and that’s no longer a problem. 

Also, have you set up a firewall anywhere?  That could cause connection issues.

Wifi hotspot created using the network manager top right seems solid, everything else seems to work OK, filezilla, signalk, ssh - it's just opencpn on the pi  won't   send to peer devices but the other 2 devices connected to the same network will send to peer to each other. The Pi will see the android but not laptop & fails to send... something not right under the hood here ?

[Image: hV8KG2u.png]
On my boat, since using an cheap wifi-Router with LTE, all the Quirks are gone.
Try this First. The pi os is Not really an Multitasking and realtime Software.

So do yourself an favor and Remove The Software hotspot.

Holger

Possible is this: the opencpn with Peer to Peer leaves not enough cycles for the hotspot.

Remove one Point of error after the other, and i would start here.
(2024-03-14, 11:31 AM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]On my boat, since using an cheap wifi-Router with LTE, all the Quirks are gone.

Holger

Possible is this: the opencpn with Peer to Peer leaves not enough cycles for the hotspot.

I've been using a Pi for many years & the local created network has never been a problem, even running openplotter on a Pi Zero for several years. Send to peer  was completely fine on OP3 on a Pi3. This is almost certainly settings somewhere hidden....
(2024-03-14, 10:23 AM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]Wifi hotspot created using the network manager top right seems solid, everything else seems to work OK, filezilla, signalk, ssh - it's just opencpn on the pi  won't   send to peer devices but the other 2 devices connected to the same network will send to peer to each other. The Pi will see the android but not laptop & fails to send... something not right under the hood here ?

[Image: hV8KG2u.png]

This sounds like a firewall or port issue.  Maybe use wireshark on the Pi to sniff the network when it's trying to detect peers or send data. That should at least tell you which ports it's trying to use and then use an nmap scan from the device to see if the ports are reachable.
(2024-03-14, 01:19 PM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-03-14, 11:31 AM)holgerw Wrote: [ -> ]On my boat, since using an cheap wifi-Router with LTE, all the Quirks are gone.

Holger

I've been using a Pi for many years & the local created network has never been a problem, even running openplotter on a Pi Zero for several years. Send to peer  was completely fine on OP3 on a Pi3. This is almost certainly settings somewhere hidden....

Hi PaddyB,

I had all kinds of connection problems with the hotspot created by the pi. In the end had to reimage it and set up the network first thing, after that no issues. I saw several other posts that mentioned something similar to this.

It seems that the native hotspot is not as good as the one in OP3.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24