OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(2024-02-14, 03:34 AM)partyvi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Just installed OP4 on Rpi5
WOW it is absolutely cool. BUT....

Do you plan to add pypilot to OP4? any roadmap?
it is really deal breaker.

Viktor

Check 1st message of this thread >

https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread....3#pid28033
(2024-02-14, 08:23 AM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]

Viktor

And, What?
I read it, and it still not clear what is going with pypilot and what plans are. What means black color? never, discontinued? When i went to buy RPi5  and dreamed about much faster system, i assumed black is what does not need any adoption to work with OP4. Now it looks NEVER. I just ask for clarification.

In meantime I have some success to get pypilot from github itself running on my OP4. IMU looks working, Iis able to get gps information from gpsd, pypilot _control works well. Problems left... get pypilot_calibration  app working (looks something wrong with UI libraries, still looking), and connection to SignalK ,I need to understand how to do this "manually" without nice application (hope signalK interface was not changed too much in between OP3 and OP4).

Could you help me with command line way to establish signalK  connection to pypilot?
(2024-02-14, 04:03 PM)partyvi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-02-14, 08:23 AM)PaddyB Wrote: [ -> ]

Viktor

And, What?
I read it, and it still not clear what is going with pypilot and what plans are. What means black color? never, discontinued? When i went to buy RPi5  and dreamed about much faster system, i assumed black is what does not need any adoption to work with OP4. Now it looks NEVER. I just ask for clarification.

In meantime I have some success to get pypilot from github itself running on my OP4. IMU looks working, Iis able to get gps information from gpsd, pypilot _control works well. Problems left... get pypilot_calibration  app working (looks something wrong with UI libraries, still looking), and connection to SignalK ,I need to understand how to do this "manually" without nice application (hope signalK interface was not changed too much in between OP3 and OP4).

Could you help me with command line way to establish signalK  connection to pypilot?

That list is the ToDo list and black means it is on the list, but not started.  the SDR one just went red and in in progress.  just have to be patient for now.

If you have been testing with the app manually installed making sure the team here and the team on the Pypilot forum know what works and what doesn't may help them, especially if you can look at the code and determine why it is not working
Im not sure this is an OP issue but I'm finding the WiFi hotspot on the Pi 5 and the network manger tool to be unreliable. My ESP32 board will connect to the Pi4 every time, it will also connect to the Pi 5 using a USB dongle, but when I use the broadcom chip, I'm seeing random disconnects and delays in connecting. I also can't get an iPhone to connect unless the security is set to open. Anyone else finding this?

The HAT works great BTW - No issues on that side, Power module is stable and its working great. I'm also powering a SSD HAT.
(2024-02-21, 05:45 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: [ -> ]The HAT works great BTW - No issues on that side, Power module is stable and its working great. I'm also powering a SSD HAT.

Do you have ST1 instruments and are they working?  I haven't got mine on the boat yet
(2024-02-21, 05:57 PM)Techstyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-02-21, 05:45 PM)Boatingbaileys Wrote: [ -> ]The HAT works great BTW - No issues on that side, Power module is stable and its working great. I'm also powering a SSD HAT.

Do you have ST1 instruments and are they working?  I haven't got mine on the boat yet

I've not tried via Seatalk, I'm using it at the moment via a ST1 to NMEA2k bridge and bringing the data in on the N2K connection on the HAT. If we get another rainy day tomorrow, i might have a go at that.
I was having an awful time with the new network manager and kept having hotspot problems. Messed with it for a few days and in the end installed a fresh version of OP4 and then first thing set up all of the localization /wifi country stuff and then created the hotspot first thing before any modifications/updates to OP4.

Not sure if that is what did it but it has been bulletproof since. Also not sure if you know this and I had a hard time finding any instructions but you need to go to the network manager and check connect automatically in the general tab.

Left Click Network Manager>Edit Connections>Select Hotspot and then settings button (gear)>General

On a side note, OP4 doesn't seem to be so particular about it on a Pi4.
After a fresh install of OP4, I first tried to change the WiFi password via the desktop gui.  It seemed straight forward, but after a reboot neither the new or old password worded.  Rather than putzing around with a wired connection, I re-flashed the OP4 image and started again.  I first directly changed the WiFi password in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/OpenPlotter-Hotspot.nmconnection  and all works well.

Edit: I am running on a RaspPi 5
Published openplotter-sdr-vhf v4.x.x. Test and report as usual. Thanks!
(2024-02-24, 02:10 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Published openplotter-sdr-vhf v4.x.x. Test and report as usual. Thanks!

Thank you for all your hard work!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24