OpenMarine

Full Version: OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Hello,

I have installed openplotter 4 on a pi 5 and would like to install InfluxDB.

When I do it through dashboard I had an certificat issue that I solve using the followind procedure https://www.influxdata.com/blog/linux-pa...-rotation/

But then when I'm installing, the process goes perfect but the status of InfluxDB does not switch to 'installed' in the Dashboard panel.

In the process panel, InfluxDB is here as a running process.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Louis
FYI

Just installed the latest OpenPlotter 4 beta on a RPI 4B. Running OpenCPN with XyGrib and Weather routing plugin. Also running SDR-AIS from an external USB dongle as well as GPS from external USB dongle. To get data from transducers I am using a Actisense NGT-1. All is working and sending data back and forth between OpenCPN and Signal K converting to N2K and N0183. I also installed InfluxDB and this is running too.

No problems here.
Just tested InfluxDB 2 and is working OK. Are you sure you are using openplotter 4 beta?
(2024-03-02, 10:24 AM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]Just tested InfluxDB 2 and is working OK. Are you sure you are using openplotter 4 beta?

Works for me as well
openplotter-i2c v4.x.x beta published. I have tested only a BME680 sensor but the rest should also work.

ATTENTION. The RPi5 I2C bus is faster than the RPi4 and that could mean shorter cables and fewer in-line sensors. More info about this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5205

Test and report here as usual, thanks!
(2024-03-02, 08:40 PM)Sailoog Wrote: [ -> ]openplotter-i2c v4.x.x beta published. I have tested only a BME680 sensor but the rest should also work.

ATTENTION. The RPi5 I2C bus is faster than the RPi4 and that could mean shorter cables and fewer in-line sensors. More info about this: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5205

Test and report here as usual, thanks!

BMP280 tested and working perfectly. Thanks Sailoog!

A couple of very minor comments:
  • "Check System" prompts the user to enable SPI for the CAN interface, but doesn't do the same for I2C. There's nothing telling the user to enable I2C, they need to read the docs.
  • The MacArthur HAT documentation says "Learn more about supported I2C sensors in the OpenPlotter manuals", and links to https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/3....c_app.html , but this page just says "Coming soon". The supported sensors aren't listed anywhere in the documentation.
Thanks for reporting, good questions:
  • "Check systems" does the same but only if sensors has been already defined. This way you can have the app installed witout sensors defined without the annoying warnings. If you already have your sensor defined try to disable I2C and you should see the warnings.
  • Yes, that is one of the blanks that still have the OP3 docs. When OP4 is stable we will start the new docs by these blank chapters so we can then easily export them to OP3.
I've found an interesting bug - running OP4 on a RPi5, SignalK crashes when I load the N2K sample file aava-n2k.data.

I've raised a bug on the n2k-signalk project (see here). But I don't remember seeing the issue on my previous installation (OpenPlotter 3 on RPi 4), so could it be the new hardware or OP4? Or is it more likely to be a recent SignalK change?

EDIT - RAISED IN ERROR

It was my own stupid fault, I was incorrectly using data type "NMEA 2000 (canboat)". As suggested by sbender, I changed to "Actisense NMEA 20000 (canboatjs)" and it now works perfectly. 
I have a Pi5 and MacArthur HAT, and I am new to the world of Pi, Linux and Open Plotter.

I am at the early stages of a project, and for now simply wish to see gps position, heading and other basic data.

Later I will wish to create dashboards etc. The major applications I will use (mostly later) are OpenCPN, SignalK, I2c, Openplotter.

I have found the link to the beta roadmap and download page. 

Question. Do you recommend that I download say the beta OpenCPN and/or OpenPlotter now, or do I leave you all alone until the full releases are available?

Thanks,
Loffy
If you only have a RPi5, openplotter v4 beta is your only option but do not use it for sailing until the stable stage. We do not have docs for MacArthur HAT in RPi5 yet but everything should work the same, pay attention to the notes on post 1.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24