OpenMarine

Full Version: Pypilot in OpenPlotter 4 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do not worry, those ICM-20948 modules are ready for 3.3V: "VDD operating range of 1.71V to3.6V"

I think your intermittent issues mean a previously damaged module or bad contact.
(2024-04-24, 01:45 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]-y 1

not -y -1
not -y -l

also,  does the macarthur hat have level translators?  If not you will damage that part

Thanks Sean,

i2cdetect -y 1 shows the IMU, connected via the IMU header on the MacArthur hat, at 68 but not detected in Pypilot.

[attachment=2829]

Connected the IMU via the QWIIC connector & it was detected in Pypilot then disappeared after trying to calibrate & then detected again after re-boot but still not showing in Calibration.

[attachment=2830]

Switched to "IMU Only" & does not detect with refresh. Re-boot, refresh & it is detected, tried to calibrate again - nothing, then refresh Pypilot & it disappears/will not detect but still shows up in i2cdetect -y 1.

During my "fiddling" once it just started to calibrate but then stopped & disappeared from Pypilot.

I connected another I2C sensor & it worked perfectly.

Is this a bad IMU??
I'm testing this from home & have another IMU on my Pi4 running on the boat so I can use that one to test later on.
it most likely sounds like a bad sensor
(2024-04-25, 02:57 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]it most likely sounds like a bad sensor

I got a new ICM-20948 Sensor Module, installed on the MacArthur hat, and all is working perfectly!!

Is there any info on the LEDs on the Mid Power Motor Controller??

From L > R: AP = ON; Power = ON the next two both flash slow for nothing & fast for working - is this what should happen??

I can't get the AP in KIP to work yet - Wrong SK Path!!
flashing indicates data communication. If there is no movement the data is slower.

The white/blue led indicates engaged.
(2024-05-10, 01:52 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: [ -> ]flashing indicates data communication.    If there is no movement the data is slower.

The white/blue led indicates engaged.

Thanks Sean, I was just checking!
Pages: 1 2 3