This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications
(2024-06-10, 08:57 AM)SoakinJoe Wrote: I started getting multiple notifications when the engines were running. Without engines all was OK. There were so many the RPi locked up.

I uninstalled the notifications app and rebooted. Now all is OK, but obviously no notifications.

Running RPi 5, Macarthur HAT, OP4 (latest download)

Any ideas?

what kind of notifications?

who was generating the notifications?

were you running openplotter-notifications 4.1.7?
It was engine generated. Like low oil pressure. Low temp. They were coming through so quick I couldn't see much more.

Running notifications 4.1.7 (latest). Now uninstalled and the openplotter working OK.

The notifications were from the nmea network. So something like self.xxx.xxx.low.water.temp   etc
Notifications 4.2.0 auto installed. System once again bombarded by the engine data notifications. 

The engine data is interfaced from the Yanmar 4JH57's with the Yacht Devices YDEN-04. Could it somehow be spurious info from them? 

Is there a way to filter the notifications. Presently running with notifications un-installed and performs well.
This is really strange. Somewhere in your system, notifications with the "visual" method are being generated nonsensically.

Try to enable notifications app again and check the Signal k data browser to find out who is sending them:

Another case here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5471

Please follow/post this problem there to try to find a pattern.