This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenPlotter 4 roadmap
(2024-03-30, 12:07 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Let me take a look at mairas's solution.

@mairas, do you have details on the performance of the dual connection?

(2024-03-30, 12:27 PM)Reaction Wrote: Hey, not sure if this is an OpenPlotter 4 or Bookworm issue, but my mouse is extremely slow (laggy) when running the desktop.  Anyone have a fix?

@Reaction I added this to my boot cmd. It made the mouse lag disappear.
sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt
add this to end of line with space
usbhid.mousepoll=0
Added pulses to openplotter-gpio v4.

Tested on RPI 4 & 5. It uses gpiod instead of pigpio or RPi.GPIO or GPIO Zero.

Only Seatalk1 is pending. When developing digital and pulse features, I have learned a lot about gpiod's Python binding and it is very capable. I am pretty sure we can also add seatalk1 using gpiod, but that will require a lot of testing and I do not want it to delay the release of OP4, so we will leave it until the stable version is released.

In addition to openplotter-gpio, updates to many other apps have been released. It is important to install them all from openplotter-settings and reboot or errors may occur.

There are big changes that make the system more robust and easier to debug. Many processes have been converted to systemctl services.

You will see that the "Rescue" option has disappeared from all applications. This is due to better management of this feature and now the system is more intelligent and can easily recover bricked systems. If your system does not boot or has entered a loop that makes it unmanageable due to a misconfiguration of any of the openplotter settings, insert the SD into another computer and add the following in /boot/firmware/config.txt:

OPrescue=1

OpenPlotter will start with all services disabled so you can fix any offending settings. When you are done, simply delete the new line in config.txt or set it to 0 and magically all the services will start.

It is taking longer than expected because the new Raspberry 5 is a powerful and rare beast and everything should work on Raspberry 4 as well. Thank you for your patience. Test and report as usual.
great news, thank you
any chances to have a bidirectional seatalk 1? even with the cost of 2 gpio
- SV Haimana
Nop, just input as usual.
openplotter-pypilot v4 released.

Everything but the pypilot HAT should work as expected, more info and bug reports here: https://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=5334
(2024-04-13, 10:31 PM)sebba Wrote: great news, thank you
any chances to have a bidirectional seatalk 1? even with the cost of 2 gpio

Hello sebba.

For bidirect seatalk 1 better get an standalone converter to NMEA0183 or better to N2000.
Ask for compatibily with your ST1 sources and receivers here and we find an solution for you.
But you have to be more specific which commands you need on your ST1 bus.
I'm a newbie and have a Pi 5 with a MacArthur HAT and I'm trying to get the usb gps a u-blox7 to work in Open Plotter 4. The gps is recognized in the Series section and it is in Signal K. It seems to have activity in but not activity out.  The usb gps works in my other Pi 4 with Open Plotter 3. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me with this. Thanks.

Alan
(2024-04-15, 11:42 PM)Logdon Wrote: I'm a newbie and have a Pi 5 with a MacArthur HAT and I'm trying to get the usb gps a u-blox7 to work in Open Plotter 4. The gps is recognized in the Series section and it is in Signal K. It seems to have activity in but not activity out.  The usb gps works in my other Pi 4 with Open Plotter 3. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me with this. Thanks.

Alan

Make sure  you have security rights to access it?  I think dialout udev groups should work.

Bektorkhan

I did a quick testet on a BTT Pi board: Alwinner H616 CPU 1Gb Ram

On armbian Bookworm with open ENC charts.. worked fine.. with  a USB Gps.
Open CPn
SignalK was a bitch to install swapped to death four times.. mem leak or how much Ram do you need.

did not run any other io!

Bektorkhan
Updated openplotter-sdr-vhf v4

Uninstall the old version from openplotter-settings before installing the new one or run this in a terminal:

sudo systemctl disable openplotter-rtl_ais

rtl-ais has been replaced by the powerful ais-catcher. I do not have an SDR with me and it is untested, so there are bound to be bugs. Please try and report back.

@BlackSea, you did an excellent work with this package adding the webassets and the service, congratulations.
Sdr-vhf installs fine, but the service doesn't appear to start. When you select "Enable AIS Reception" the line doesn't go green like it used to. I'm inland with no AIS Reception, so I have no idea if the service is actually running or not.