This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom virtual keyboard layouts wanted
I've managed to build a full Italian keyboard and a little compact one (the latter without cursors). Actually I put a "steering weel" mapped to mod3 but not used (suggestions are welcome). I attach zipped xml files. Layout is little changed from Italian to have @# and € symbol in a more "natural" position (see screenshots).
Zip file contains:
1. keyboard layouts full and normal to be copied into /usr/share/matchbox-keyboard/
2. a bash script (toggle-keyboard.sh) to use for the menu entry (and the launchbar item) that toggles keyboard state and sets font size and family, to be copied in /usr/bin
3. a fragment to be inserted into $HOME/.config/openbox/ldxe-pi-rc.xml to intercept window opening and set display attributes

Note that menu item for keyboard has to be changed to point to the toggle-keyboard.sh script (not mandatory)

.zip   keyboard-kit_IT.zip (Size: 1.79 KB / Downloads: 13)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom virtual keyboard layouts wanted - by aniaclug - 2024-05-01, 06:45 PM