This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching OP3 to headless
This sounds like a good idea, especially as  I run a pi zero 2, but then openplotter-i2c won't send any data.

Regards Tobias
(2023-12-07, 10:53 PM)tobias.e Wrote: This sounds like a good idea, especially as  I run a pi zero 2, but then openplotter-i2c won't send any data.

Regards Tobias

Why do you say that? Where will it not send data to?
(2023-12-07, 11:47 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote:
(2023-12-07, 10:53 PM)tobias.e Wrote: This sounds like a good idea, especially as  I run a pi zero 2, but then openplotter-i2c won't send any data.

Regards Tobias

Why do you say that? Where will it not send data to?

Here is how SignalK looks like normally:

And after disabling GUI/Autologin all data from i2c sources is missing:

I agree, you are quite right.

The I2C validation and consequently the data is missing. Maybe openplotter cannot start properly in this mode in which case my suggestion is worthless.
(2023-12-08, 12:52 PM)baltika_no_9 Wrote: I agree, you are quite right.

The I2C validation and consequently the data is missing. Maybe openplotter cannot start properly in this mode in which case my suggestion is worthless.

I encountered this as well. In my thinking, "headless" means the device does not run a desktop and that advantage of this is that you free up the resources that would normally be consumed by it. However, it appears that the I2C functionality will not run without a user being logged into the desktop.

I didn't start with the headless version of Openplotter, I just turned off the desktop through raspi-config. Does anyone know if the I2C will function with the headless version (and no desktop running)?

If the desktop is required, there is no headless operation IMHO.
As far as I remember, all the headless images do is proving an access point and several ways so log in. but the desktop is running in the background, and you can access it via vnc. And yes, i2c works.