This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pypilot in OpenPlotter 4 released
Do not worry, those ICM-20948 modules are ready for 3.3V: "VDD operating range of 1.71V to3.6V"

I think your intermittent issues mean a previously damaged module or bad contact.
(2024-04-24, 01:45 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: -y 1

not -y -1
not -y -l

also,  does the macarthur hat have level translators?  If not you will damage that part

Thanks Sean,

i2cdetect -y 1 shows the IMU, connected via the IMU header on the MacArthur hat, at 68 but not detected in Pypilot.

Connected the IMU via the QWIIC connector & it was detected in Pypilot then disappeared after trying to calibrate & then detected again after re-boot but still not showing in Calibration.

Switched to "IMU Only" & does not detect with refresh. Re-boot, refresh & it is detected, tried to calibrate again - nothing, then refresh Pypilot & it disappears/will not detect but still shows up in i2cdetect -y 1.

During my "fiddling" once it just started to calibrate but then stopped & disappeared from Pypilot.

I connected another I2C sensor & it worked perfectly.

Is this a bad IMU??
I'm testing this from home & have another IMU on my Pi4 running on the boat so I can use that one to test later on.
it most likely sounds like a bad sensor